This is a great feature. If you've misplaced your BB Android Device (at the moment the Priv, Dtek 50 or 60), you can follow the steps in this article: Find your PRIV or DTEK50 using Android Device Manager | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog to have the Android Device Manager ring your phone...and I mean LOUD ... so you can find it. I just tried it with my Priv and it's great. Sort of like Find my iPhone on iOS, and there are some steps you need to configure prior to being able to use it.
    12-26-16 01:58 PM
    werent you able to do this with BB protect as well? I dont remember really.
    12-26-16 02:06 PM
    Well my point in posting this thread was to provide info for Priv and DTEK users, however upon doing some quick research (Google search), yes Protect had similar functionality: https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...p/1834029.html. I learned about this latest method by following @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter.
    12-26-16 02:16 PM
    werent you able to do this with BB protect as well? I dont remember really.
    Yes. Been able to do this for years, but now with BlackBerry android you use the google website instead of protect.BlackBerry
    12-26-16 04:43 PM
    Yes. Been able to do this for years, but now with BlackBerry android you use the google website instead of protect.BlackBerry
    Yes that's why I posted the link.
    12-26-16 04:44 PM
    Yep, I remember long time ago in probably 2010 there was an app i had to use on android for this purpose. ADM came about in 2012 or so thankfully and I could ditch the app and the extra hit on GPS that it would cause.
    12-26-16 07:33 PM
    If you're logged into Google Chrome with the same Google account on your phone, all you have to do is type Find My Phone in the search bar and it will locate it with Device Manager. As long as you have it turned on in your phone.

It works for any Google phone not just BlackBerry Android phones.
    12-27-16 05:15 AM
    Yes that's why I provided the info.
    12-27-16 10:56 AM
    Except this works. BlackBerry Protect was always hit and miss
    12-28-16 05:42 AM
    Except this works. BlackBerry Protect was always hit and miss
    Actually I'm finding the opposite. My BB protect generally worked for me, and I found it would phone home sporadically so there was at least a last contact location when logging in even if phone was turned off.
    With Google Find your Phone I don't see this happening oddly as I just left my PRIV at my daughter's daycare and tried to test this and nada, no last location as they had turned the device off for me so it didn't respond to the google find request. Unless I turned a setting off by accident, this is kinda annoying for cases where people would steal a phone and turn off.

Edit: Of note, the lack of last location history is kind of hilarious to me considering the fact that Google maps is constantly asking me to answer questions about locations I've 'been' recently while I meander around. I even signed up as a Local Guide cause I figured, what the hell you're tracking me anyways, may as well help some local business with some marketing. You can't tell me they don't have a recent location on my phone.
    Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 12-28-16 at 10:29 PM.
    12-28-16 06:25 PM