This is just a discussion, not a rumour or anything like that.

Nokia has been in the news lately with their new attempt of revival, and having had the old classic Nokias, I really liked the durability and the longevity that came with them.

If they worked with Blackberry and their added touchpad keyboard patent, it'd be great.

This patent of Nokia's surfaced around 8 years ago.

Opinions: How cool would it be if Nokia and Blackberry work together (QWERTY Android)?-b42d3733d88e18dd0473c536f6e91342.jpg

I have a Passport and a Priv and (I plan to get the Mercury) when it comes out, but there was always a drawback on each one. I loved the Passport but productivity apps is lacking, even with the outsourcing of android apps there are little things that are incompatible, videoplay was unsatisfying. Priv's keyboard is too smushed and small, awkward to hold when fully drawn out. The Mercury will have mid-specs, etc.

A device like the one shown on that patent would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

It's probably unlikely this will ever happen but I just like the idea of it.

Thoughts?
    12-22-16 05:05 AM
    This is just a discussion, not a rumour or anything like that.

Nokia has been in the news lately with their new attempt of revival, and having had the old classic Nokias, I really liked the durability and the longevity that came with them.

If they worked with Blackberry and their added touchpad keyboard patent, it'd be great.

This patent of Nokia's surfaced around 8 years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b42d3733d88e18dd0473c536f6e91342.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	414699

I have a Passport and a Priv and (I plan to get the Mercury) when it comes out, but there was always a drawback on each one. I loved the Passport but productivity apps is lacking, even with the outsourcing of android apps there are little things that are incompatible, videoplay was unsatisfying. Priv's keyboard is too smushed and small, awkward to hold when fully drawn out. The Mercury will have mid-specs, etc.

A device like the one shown on that patent would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

It's probably unlikely this will ever happen but I just like the idea of it.

Thoughts?
    If it would be anything like that patent above, no thanks!
    12-22-16 05:32 AM
    Well you could ask if TCL wants to work with HMD.

Neither BlackBerry or Nokia are dealing with devices directly.
    12-30-16 07:33 PM
    Imagine the potential for that to go badly wrong. So many extra complications and moving parts. Way more complex than a slider.
    raysim likes this.
    01-15-17 06:22 AM
    Just like BlackBerry, Nokia will now simply be a brand name on another company's mobile phones.

I love zombies.
    01-15-17 08:36 AM