Individual contact and type custom notification sounds? Meaning different custom sounds you can pick for SMS, Email, BBM, or whatever and all different contact to contact?

Long press volume keys to skip songs while phone is in holster?

While connected to BT speakers incoming notifications go to the phone and do not interrupt the music through the speakers?

Do those things allow these things? Serious question, want to know what to download to my Android I use for work.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    In regards to notifications, I can set a different notification for any of my messaging apps, plus i can have different notifications for contacts.

With messaging apps, like Whatsapp, Skype etc, you can choose the notification you want from the app itself.

And contacts, its up to what you use for contacts, but my stock one does it.

Cant say about anything else you asked I'm afraid
    elm011 likes this.
    09-22-16 08:23 AM
    In regards to notifications, I can set a different notification for any of my messaging apps, plus i can have different notifications for contacts.

With messaging apps, like Whatsapp, Skype etc, you can choose the notification you want from the app itself.

And contacts, its up to what you use for contacts, but my stock one does it.

Cant say about anything else you asked I'm afraid
    Ok, but what about app notifications for individual contacts, that was my main question, like can you make a whatsapp notification from bob be different from a whatsapp notification from tom? And I mean custom tones, not just from like a list of their own notification choices. I don't use whatsapp, so figure I use that as an example to get a better idea.

09-22-16 10:45 AM
    Someone might go as far as this user did to making Android look like Webos. Someone is bound to show up that does something similar to make Android look like BB10
    https://pivotce.com/2016/09/04/guest...os-in-android/

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-23-16 05:19 PM
    Ok, but what about app notifications for individual contacts, that was my main question, like can you make a whatsapp notification from bob be different from a whatsapp notification from tom? And I mean custom tones, not just from like a list of their own notification choices. I don't use whatsapp, so figure I use that as an example to get a better idea.

hmm sort off

I can change notification tone on individuals.

So say I had song A as my whatsapp notification
    I change Tom's notification tone to Song B, Whatsapp will now play Song B for Tom and Song A for everyone else.
    But SMS and other messaging apps count as notifications so they will all play Song B for Tom and whatever is default for everyone else
    09-27-16 11:36 AM

hmm sort off

I change Tom's notification tone to Song B, Whatsapp will now play Song B for Tom and Song A for everyone else.
    But SMS and other messaging apps count as notifications so they will all play Song B for Tom and whatever is default for everyone else
    09-27-16 11:36 AM
    hmm sort off

Ah ok, that's not as much as I can do on BB10, but I guess I can live with that...

09-27-16 12:04 PM
    Ah ok, that's not as much as I can do on BB10, but I guess I can live with that...

I never went too far in BB10 or BBOS with custom notifications so I cant remember what level they offered.
    Basically what Android offers now is what I used to do on BBOS.

I mean you could still have Whatsapp using Song A, and Skype using Song C, and any notification from Tom on either would be Song B. But cant make Tom have Song B for Whatsapp, and Song D for Skype.

There may be contact apps that allow that sort of thing as I've never really looked into it, but I doubt it as notifcations on Android has only really stepped up fairly recently.

But yeah the main purpose of this reply is just in case anyone knows something that could do what you want and sees this post
    09-27-16 12:12 PM
    I never went too far in BB10 or BBOS with custom notifications so I cant remember what level they offered.
    Basically what Android offers now is what I used to do on BBOS.

I mean you could still have Whatsapp using Song A, and Skype using Song C, and any notification from Tom on either would be Song B. But cant make Tom have Song B for Whatsapp, and Song D for Skype.

There may be contact apps that allow that sort of thing as I've never really looked into it, but I doubt it as notifcations on Android has only really stepped up fairly recently.

But yeah the main purpose of this reply is just in case anyone knows something that could do what you want and sees this post
    Yep, your latter example of having the same contact have different sounds for different notification types is what I do now. Like for my "regular" contacts I would have like a "theme" for each and depending on what kind of notification it is it would be a slightly different part of that theme. But as of BB10 that is limited to phone, bbm, text, and email. I don't have Whatsapp installed so don't know about that, but kind of doubt it'll have that option for that. But it's not a huge deal, I only do that for a few people, the rest I'd just have a custom notification for all of their notification types, or if it's someone I don't talk to regularly it'll just default to the global sound I set for that notification. So this would only affect those very few people I have differentiated. Not a big deal at all. Thanks for the info.

09-27-16 03:37 PM
    Just switched from BB10/Z10 to Android Marshmallow/DTEK50 and madly miss the swipe up gesture (peek gesture of the blackberry flow experience) to see the overview of active apps (called 'recent task' in android).
    As the DTEK50 comes with an integrated swipe up gesture to launch three apps of your choice I found a workaround to get that peek gesture back (this swipe up workaround will also work for the Priv, DTEK60 and any other Android phone supporting a global swipe up gesture). The upper right icon of those three shortcuts is preset with the hub app (but you can change it to any preferred app), which is likely the BB10 -swipe up and right- gesture to access the hub.

The middle shortcut slot, which would fit the old -swipe (straight) up- gesture the best, is set to the phone launcher.
    I now found an app called Recent Task 2 in google Play Store which is just an app icon launching the recent apps screen which is usually accessed via the android standard 'square' soft key.
    You can then just add the Recent Task 2 app to e.g. the middle swipe up shortcut slot and THERE YOU GO: The BB10 swipe up gesture is back - in android.

Make your general android like BB10-screenshot_20161004-150553.jpg Make your general android like BB10-screenshot_20161004-152015.jpg

I'd still love be able to get back to the homescreen when doing the swipe up again but instead it just reopens the recent tasks. And I still highly miss the recent tasks directly on my homescreen - like in BB10 - where you were able to just swipe left or right from the recent tasks screen to access your hub on the left and app screen on the right.
    There was also an app to have the active apps in a widget to place on any homescreen, but it is bricked doesn't work with latest android (6 marshmallow) anymore.

Hope this is helpful to some fellow BB10 fans using android =D
    Cheers
    Last edited by Fi3a; 10-04-16 at 10:55 AM.
    mbert likes this.
    10-04-16 08:23 AM
    Just switched from BB10/Z10 to Android Marshmallow/DTEK50 and madly miss the swipe up gesture (peek gesture of the blackberry flow experience) to see the overview of active apps (called 'recent task' in android).
    As the DTEK50 comes with an integrated swipe up gesture to launch three apps of your choice I found a workaround to get that peek gesture back (this swipe up workaround will also work for the Priv, DTEK60 and any other Android phone supporting a global swipe up gesture). The upper right icon of those three shortcuts is preset with the hub app (but you can change it to any preferred app), which is likely the BB10 -swipe up and right- gesture to access the hub.

The middle shortcut slot, which would fit the old -swipe (straight) up- gesture the best, is set to the phone launcher.
    I now found an app called Recent Task 2 in google Play Store which is just an app icon launching the recent apps screen which is usually accessed via the android standard 'square' soft key.
    You can then just add the Recent Task 2 app to e.g. the middle swipe up shortcut slot and THERE YOU GO: The BB10 swipe up gesture is back - in android.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161004-150553.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	409453 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161004-152015.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	409454

I'd still love be able to get back to the homescreen when doing the swipe up again but instead it just reopens the recent tasks. And I still highly miss the recent tasks directly on my homescreen - like in BB10 - where you were able to just swipe left or right from the recent tasks screen to access your hub on the left and app screen on the right.
    There was also an app to have the active apps in a widget to place on any homescreen, but it is bricked doesn't work with latest android (6 marshmallow) anymore.

Cheers
    Damn man, gotta save this thread, lots of great tips like this one. Thanks.

Fi3a likes this.
    10-04-16 12:04 PM
    This thread is awesome! Can't wait to get my DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 09:32 AM
    To be able to skip an audio track/ song like in BB10 with the volume up and volume down keys there is an app called Frinky Music Controller.
    --- This goes for DTEK50 --- Music app: NEUTRON
    It reverses the button action: pressing volume up (or down) once, skips the track. Pressing e.g. volume up at least two times raises the volume. There is also a combo to stop playback by pressing UP,UP,Down,Down. You can then start the playback again by just pressing UP once. And with the free version of the app all the button commands will only work if the screen is switched off, e.g. if you got your DTEK50 in your pocket and listening to some music.

Make your general android like BB10-screenshot_20161014-091636.jpg

Cheers =)
    Vladislavt likes this.
    10-14-16 02:26 AM
    Love this, thank you! On my phone the recent apps display in different sizes which has been annoying me right from the start. In your screenshot they look the way they should

[edit] found out myself: Settings/DisplayRecent -> Tiles.
    Is there any tweak to configure my Marshmallow Priv for this?
    Last edited by mbert; 10-16-16 at 05:43 PM.
    Fi3a likes this.
    10-16-16 05:25 PM
    To be able to skip an audio track/ song like in BB10 with the volume up and volume down keys there is an app called Frinky Music Controller.
    --- This goes for DTEK50 --- Music app: NEUTRON
    It reverses the button action: pressing volume up (or down) once, skips the track. Pressing e.g. volume up at least two times raises the volume. There is also a combo to stop playback by pressing UP,UP,Down,Down. You can then start the playback again by just pressing UP once.
    Compared to BB10 on a Passport we've even got a plus here: while on the Passport you cannot skip songs using your headset (you HAVE to use the device's volume buttons) this method even works with headsets' volume buttons.
    Fi3a and Vladislavt like this.
    10-18-16 07:52 AM
    I have to bump this thread, useful info here... Now we need someone to input which is the best SMS app that allows it to go back to hub with the back button after reading a message instead of going back to the main page of the app. I remember someone mentioning it in another thread but can't find it, and CB is being real weird with the participated tab so it won't show me beyond page 1...
    01-16-17 07:01 PM
    I have to bump this thread, useful info here... Now we need someone to input which is the best SMS app that allows it to go back to hub with the back button after reading a message instead of going back to the main page of the app. I remember someone mentioning it in another thread but can't find it, and CB is being real weird with the participated tab so it won't show me beyond page 1...
    My back button when reading/replying to an SMS takes me back to hub.

I'm Gona post my setup. I tried to make it like BB10 as well
    01-16-17 11:17 PM
    My back button when reading/replying to an SMS takes me back to hub.

I'm Gona post my setup. I tried to make it like BB10 as well
    Cool, yah, tell us which SMS app you use. I've read some people saying with certain ones if you go to your hub and read a text launched from there, pressing the back button will bring them to one level higher within the SMS app instead of back to the hub. So I want to make sure I don't waste my time with one of those when I make the switch...

01-17-17 12:14 AM
    Cool, yah, tell us which SMS app you use. I've read some people saying with certain ones if you go to your hub and read a text launched from there, pressing the back button will bring them to one level higher within the SMS app instead of back to the hub. So I want to make sure I don't waste my time with one of those when I make the switch...

I use the regular stock Samsung Messages App that comes with all Samsung phones. I did experiment with other msg apps for a short period and I believe they behaved the same way. Are all your apps up to date? I did notice that Google Messenger was WAY faster in terms of launching the app and pulling up messages, but they didn't have a "dark theme" so I went back to the stock app.

anyway, here is a screenshot of my use of hub on my phone. This was from a while back and have made some slight changes, but it's mostly the same. (The middle blackberry icon used to be the app drawer, but is now my Dragon Mobile Assistant app, which I use for Hands-free and i replaced the mic icon to a blackberry logo because it looks cool .. i'm currently at work right now, so i'll provide the most current screenshot when i get a chance! lol!)

Attachment 414832 Attachment 414831
    01-17-17 03:58 PM

Cheers
    I had this exact idea for when I got the Mercury. I thought there would be an option by default. BlackBerry needs to create a task switcher, or multitasking shortcut a default launcher so that we don't need to download a 3rd party app.
    01-17-17 05:14 PM
    I use the regular stock Samsung Messages App that comes with all Samsung phones. I did experiment with other msg apps for a short period and I believe they behaved the same way. Are all your apps up to date? I did notice that Google Messenger was WAY faster in terms of launching the app and pulling up messages, but they didn't have a "dark theme" so I went back to the stock app.

anyway, here is a screenshot of my use of hub on my phone. This was from a while back and have made some slight changes, but it's mostly the same. (The middle blackberry icon used to be the app drawer, but is now my Dragon Mobile Assistant app, which I use for Hands-free and i replaced the mic icon to a blackberry logo because it looks cool .. i'm currently at work right now, so i'll provide the most current screenshot when i get a chance! lol!)

Attachment 414832 Attachment 414831
    I'm not using hub+ or anything yet. Waiting to get an actual BB Android in the form of the Mercury when it comes out, just making a list of "must have" apps to download to make the experience as smooth as possible. :-)

01-18-17 05:44 AM
    If you just use the back button at the bottom of the phone it takes you back to the hub. Using the back button on the top when reading your message will take you into the app. That's how it works with my dtek50 using the default message app. Also works the same with emails.
    01-18-17 01:18 PM
    If you just use the back button at the bottom of the phone it takes you back to the hub. Using the back button on the top when reading your message will take you into the app. That's how it works with my dtek50 using the default message app. Also works the same with emails.
    Oh ok, so I guess it was only a certain 3rd party app that did that. I was just going by what someone else reported. I haven't used Android hub yet.

01-18-17 02:02 PM
    Oh ok, so I guess it was only a certain 3rd party app that did that. I was just going by what someone else reported. I haven't used Android hub yet.

Textra is the best SMS app I've used on my Priv. It opens as a "pop-up" when you're in other apps and if you click the toast notification at the top of the screen, the conversation will open on top of the app you're in. You can set it to dismiss the pop up window/app after you've sent your message. In the Hub, you can click an SMS conversation, the Textra conversation opens, then you can swipe back to close the conversation and return to the Hub. All communications apps should work like this... BlackBerry should figure out how to do this for emails, BBM, etc on Android and implement it asap. Really improves the UI. Just sucks that it's only texts that it works for.
    03-25-17 05:49 PM
    With nova launcher, will it still work to swipe up on an app with the 3 dots below to get the popup widget?

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    03-26-17 01:27 AM
    Exactly! Blackberry, are you reading this?
    I really hope they do! That's why I created this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12815830

Please Like, comment and make suggestions so that they give it all fair consideration!

Even @CrackBerry Kevin commented!
    03-26-17 03:25 AM
64 123