Hi guys I wanted to show you what I have made in the last few days. A month ago i broke my z30 screen so i decided it was time to go Android and i bought a huawei P8 lite. I have always loved BB10 so i decided to try making android like it.
    This is the final outcome: (Left - Z30) - (Right - Android)

Make your general android like BB10-img_20160821_133233.png - Make your general android like BB10-screenshot_2016-08-21-14-11-15.png

So this is what you will need:

- BB android apps (keyboard, search and hub);

- Ac display (best android lock screen in my opinion with notification style similar to BB10);

-Swipeup Utility app (change the google now gesture with any app - choose BB hub to have something similar to the swipe up gesture in BB10);

- Change icon style: download nova launcher and change the grid style to 6 x 4; start putting all the apps you want in the home screen from the app drawer. Then tap every app and change the icon with BB10 one (I don't know if I can upload the icon pack here). You can also change the name of the app, in fact i renamed chrome to Browser like in BB10;

- Create a blank page to the left of the home screen and put your favorite messaging app widget. Leave one row blank. Download QuickShortCutMaker app from the App Store and create your most used shortcuts like with the BB Priv/DTEK 50; you will get something like this:

Make your general android like BB10-screenshot_2016-08-21-14-11-05.png

Here you go. I hope that this could be helpful. I think that this can make the transition from BB10 easier, at least it was for me.
    08-21-16 08:21 AM
    Interesting. glad you feel more comfortable. I installed Nova Launcher and use KLWP and customize way beyond what BB could ever offer me.
    Mecca EL and Avenzuno like this.
    08-21-16 08:26 AM
    Where can I download the icon pack from?
    08-23-16 12:25 PM
    Looks great. Thanks for sharing
    08-23-16 04:40 PM
    Please share the icons pack. I really like to try and see how it's going to be like with your customization.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-16 02:19 AM
    Now all we need is the hub to have its very own dedicated screen to the left of the homepage and we golden!
    MaxR_A and JordanLehigh like this.
    08-24-16 07:38 AM
    Now all we need is the hub to have its very own dedicated screen to the left of the homepage and we golden!
    Exactly! Blackberry, are you reading this?
    JordanLehigh, John Gee and MaxR_A like this.
    08-24-16 05:53 PM
    Nice work

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 03:16 AM
    I remade some of the icons to looks very similar to real one. Some are better then other, hope you like this anyway. I've uploaded the folder on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0glrobcoj...76mWGO97a?dl=0
    08-26-16 01:00 AM
    Thanks so much! I wish if we can make them as icons pack apk for BlackBerry launcher but I guess that won't happen only when BlackBerry makes grid and icon sizes options available.

08-30-16 11:07 AM
    Nice icon pack, thanks! Cheers
    09-01-16 10:58 AM
    Interestingly, as much as I love BB10, one of the things I disliked was not being able to customize with themes and icons. I'm not a huge fan of how basic the BB10 icons are. It is why I switched from the BB launcher to Nova, so I can change up the look of my home screen.

09-05-16 01:28 PM
    Hope the new BlackBerry phones will have the BlackBerry 10 interface was an awesome feel together with multitask hub and rgb lights

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 03:35 PM
    Interesting. glad you feel more comfortable. I installed Nova Launcher and use KLWP and customize way beyond what BB could ever offer me.
    Individual contact and type custom notification sounds? Meaning different custom sounds you can pick for SMS, Email, BBM, or whatever and all different contact to contact?

Long press volume keys to skip songs while phone is in holster?

While connected to BT speakers incoming notifications go to the phone and do not interrupt the music through the speakers?

Do those things allow these things? Serious question, want to know what to download to my Android I use for work.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-06-16 08:59 PM
    What the guy above said.

09-09-16 07:10 PM
    Android will never be like BB10. It's like sideloading android apks to your BB10 device with mixed results.

🔥 📶
    09-09-16 07:25 PM
    Hi guys I wanted to show you what I have made in the last few days. A month ago i broke my z30 screen so i decided it was time to go Android and i bought a huawei P8 lite. I have always loved BB10 so i decided to try making android like it.
    This is the final outcome: (Left - Z30) - (Right - Android)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160821_133233.png 
Views:	879 
Size:	447.4 KB 
ID:	406948 - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-21-14-11-15.png 
Views:	881 
Size:	346.2 KB 
ID:	406949

So this is what you will need:

- BB android apps (keyboard, search and hub);

- Ac display (best android lock screen in my opinion with notification style similar to BB10);

-Swipeup Utility app (change the google now gesture with any app - choose BB hub to have something similar to the swipe up gesture in BB10);

- Change icon style: download nova launcher and change the grid style to 6 x 4; start putting all the apps you want in the home screen from the app drawer. Then tap every app and change the icon with BB10 one (I don't know if I can upload the icon pack here). You can also change the name of the app, in fact i renamed chrome to Browser like in BB10;

- Create a blank page to the left of the home screen and put your favorite messaging app widget. Leave one row blank. Download QuickShortCutMaker app from the App Store and create your most used shortcuts like with the BB Priv/DTEK 50; you will get something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-21-14-11-05.png 
Views:	858 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	406950

Here you go. I hope that this could be helpful. I think that this can make the transition from BB10 easier, at least it was for me.
    Does it slow down the GUI?
    Looks awesome...

09-10-16 08:21 AM
    Does it slow down the GUI?
    Looks awesome...

Indeed it does. Thanks to for sharing!
    jhirizarry likes this.
    09-10-16 09:00 AM
    Indeed it does. Thanks to for sharing!
    Indeed to it looking awesome, not to it slowing down the GUI I presume...

09-10-16 09:36 AM
    It's very interesting. I think I will give it a try but still I love the hand gesture from BB10, example like swipping up and drag to right to see the hub. Do you think that this kind of gestures will be possible in android ? I have a huge regret that blackberry left their OS development, in the favor of the android OS.
    09-11-16 05:12 AM
    Is it just me or does the Swipe Up Utility not work on Marshmallow? It only works if I press and hold the home button (not swipe up)
    09-13-16 06:50 PM
    These gesture apps and some advanced function apps are failing in marshmallow

09-15-16 11:48 PM
    It's very interesting. I think I will give it a try but still I love the hand gesture from BB10, example like swipping up and drag to right to see the hub. Do you think that this kind of gestures will be possible in android ? I have a huge regret that blackberry left their OS development, in the favor of the android OS.
    Due to the restrictions in android and having all the app developers tweak their software so that they behave like they did in BB10, I doubt you will ever see that 100%. In BB10 you never actually opened the app from the HUB but nearly accessed it and it's features, sometimes not 100% of all the features though. In android the developers want you to open their app and stay in it so that they can track you better and in hopes that you will stay in their app. I think the way BB10 did it was genius, too bad the rest of the world is just stupid

Posted via CB10
    zhuyan, mszbzltn, Bratza and 2 others like this.
    09-21-16 02:05 AM
    Due to the restrictions in android and having all the app developers tweak their software so that they behave like they did in BB10, I doubt you will ever see that 100%. In BB10 you never actually opened the app from the HUB but nearly accessed it and it's features, sometimes not 100% of all the features though. In android the developers want you to open their app and stay in it so that they can track you better and in hopes that you will stay in their app. I think the way BB10 did it was genius, too bad the rest of the world is just stupid

Posted via CB10
    A good description of exactly why BB10 was so much more awesome...

09-21-16 09:09 AM
    A good description of exactly why BB10 was so much more awesome...

It's also the reason why the companies intentionally wanted BB10 to fail because it allowed its users to bypass their advertising and monetizing of everything...

Vladislavt and jas1978 like this.
    09-21-16 10:14 AM
64 123