Title should say listen and watch some heads. Brought UTB, but kudos to them for getting Marty to talk for an hour about everything BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    12-09-16 11:57 AM
    Very interesting. Thanks.
    12-09-16 04:12 PM
    No one else listened in?

Bla1ze, do have a feud with UTB? Why not share this news and get some updates from the horses mouth? I would think that lots here would be interested in what he said.

To summarize, expect to see more BlackBerry phones with licencing, all the product evangelists need to become security evangelists. Please. Don't keep asking about bb10 phones. Seriously. Buy a DTek. And preach security.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 04:12 PM
    Very interesting. Thanks.
    Lol, and here I was thinking no one was reading!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 04:13 PM
    Here's more of what Marty had to say:

7:10 It's very likely there will be more BlackBerry devices in the market than there are today.
    We're focused on being and becoming a software company. When I say that, I'm talking about software that would go in a smartphone, as well as software on a server for a company, or software in a car.

7:41 The licensing strategy is saying that we've announced that we are not in the hardware space. We are not going to manufacture, we're not going to do that.

We are going to focus on software, and in certain situations, if it's the right partner, we will license the BlackBerry software, the brand, and we will then enable and work very closely with that hardware manufacturer to produce a BlackBerry device, market the device, sell the device, and then BlackBerry, we're the BlackBerry inside, the software inside, and our brand is on the phone and we are obviously highly motivated to work with that partner to make sure that phone gets out and is very successful.

We are actively engaged with other partners. Stay tuned, but I won't give a month in 2017. I think people misunderstood. All we announced is that the hardware part is not our focus. This is like Intel inside, BlackBerry inside.
    12-09-16 04:19 PM
    No one else listened in?

Bla1ze, do have a feud with UTB? Why not share this news and get some updates from the horses mouth? I would think that lots here would be interested in what he said.

To summarize, expect to see more BlackBerry phones with licencing, all the product evangelists need to become security evangelists. Please. Don't keep asking about bb10 phones. Seriously. Buy a DTek. And preach security.

Posted via CB10
    No feud on my side. I haven't listened to it yet, but based on your analysis, it's all the same things BlackBerry has been saying all along that some people just refuse to accept.
    12-09-16 05:05 PM
    No feud on my side. I haven't listed to it yet, but based on your analysis, it's all the same things BlackBerry has been saying all along that people just refuse to accept.
    And it seems Marty felt the need to say it again for those people who misunderstood it the first time.
    12-09-16 05:10 PM