I don't know if this is app related or an OS issue, but files from my SD card slowly begin to disappear over time. This mostly happens when I use the file manager app called "Solid Explorer" to move stuff around to organize.

Here's the thing, when I was on the BlackBerry 10 OS I just plugged my phone to my PC to move files around. It was easy with the BlackBerry 10 OS because it supported USB Mass Storage. It allowed me to mount my SD card as an external storage, so renaming, moving, copying, etc around was simple and I never needed to rely on the built in file manager as much.

With Android it's different because Android Marshmallow doesn't support Mass Storage Mode. It supports MTP, which doesn't allow renaming files and organizing isn't as easy. You have to rely on a third party file manager app, which according to most the best one is "Solid Explorer".

This is when disappearing files became noticeable. I know a lot of you guys will say that this issue doesn't happen to you and I understand. However for me personally since I move files around a lot (every day) for organization, it becomes noticeable. It's not like a corrupt SD card either because it's usually one or two files missing over time. It's not noticeable unless you are looking for the files (which I am).

I don't think it's the SD card because the ones on my BlackBerry device never have this issue, but the ones on Android does. Any idea what's going on here? I even copied my SD card to my PC and months later compared. The PC one doesn't match my SD card (accounting for the new stuff I've added). This bugs me because this is something I can't just accept.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 03:16 AM
    I don't know if it's related or not, but I did have some early problems with microSD cards on a Priv, they were the same type that worked fine on BB10 so I trusted them at first. I found the card would lose things and sometimes have short periods where the whole card wasn't recognized at all. I swapped the card for another type and about the same time my OS went to Marshmallow. About this time everything went good, no more problems. I used ES File Explorer the whole time, not solid explorer (just so you know).
    10-14-16 07:33 AM
    Originally you couldn't go over a 32 GB SD card. I used a bigger card and had problems. Put in that size and all was fine

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-15-16 09:21 AM
    Very odd. I have had none of those problems on my priv.
    10-29-16 05:54 PM
    I had a card go bad on my Samsung but it would have explained how many of my photos got corrupted on the Z10 before the transfer to my new phone. Re-downloading 50 go of Ultraviolet movies is a bit when you don't have cable
    10-30-16 11:51 AM
    I'm concerned about this as well...so is Android MM completely unable to support mass storage mode? Anyone know if Nougat will?
    11-06-16 04:30 PM