I'm new to the OS using a Priv and so far I have seem 1 instance where the HUB was acting up and I did a restart to solve it, so I was just wondering how often do you find you need to restart/reboot the Android OS?
    08-24-16 10:17 AM
    Once a week for me.

*A3-A20
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    08-24-16 10:28 AM
    I actually don't restart it unless its really acting up (which it hasn't too much, maybe once in a 2 month period) but when I see the hub being frozen, I just close the app and restart it and all is fine. I also clear my internal cache out on a weekly basis.
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    08-24-16 11:01 AM
    I actually don't restart it unless its really acting up (which it hasn't too much, maybe once in a 2 month period) but when I see the hub being frozen, I just close the app and restart it and all is fine. I also clear my internal cache out on a weekly basis.
    Thanks for the tips.
    08-24-16 11:26 AM
    Just restarted mine after 25 days. I wanted to see how long it could go before starting to act up.
    08-24-16 11:37 AM
    Pretty much never unless it's really acting up, maybe once every couple of months. Usually it's just an app misbehaving and it resolves by killing the app but a restart can help, especially if you don't know how to find the culprit.

I've been an Android user for around 5 years.
    08-31-16 08:57 AM
    About every other day for me. Phone gets extremely laggy constantly. Reboots take care of it for a little bit.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    09-25-16 05:49 PM
    At least once a week. Just to keep things running smoothly.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-26-16 11:23 PM
    About once a week, or after any OS update, including security patches. And/or after 3 or more app updates at the same time
    10-01-16 08:34 AM
    Wow! I just want to thank all of you for giving me a heads-up that I should still steer clear of Android. I don't restart my Passport and it runs fine forever Thank you.
    Man this is so discouraging.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:37 PM
    Restarting is not a big deal, takes about 2 minutes if you do the complete restart.
    For now you have 3 choices, your current smooth, fluid OS with negligible apps. Clunky and a bit disjointed Android with a lot of control and all the apps you could want. Or "do it our way or don't do it", consumer oriented iOS, with a pretty good selection of apps.
    Before too long you will be down to 2 choices, and your current one won't be included. By that time, I suspect zero PKB devices will be available.
    If Google does in fact do a full integration of Android with Chrome, our choices will really s**k. Everything will have been dumbed down to teenager level.
    I didn't mention Windows phones, are they even still viable?
    And of course we could kiss security goodbye, get a rootable device and run whatever homegrown OS or mod is available.
    10-02-16 08:02 AM
    About every other day for me. Phone gets extremely laggy constantly. Reboots take care of it for a little bit.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    This. But I am a power user doing many things at once in this device. For the most part it can keep up.

Of course it's nothing compared to BB 10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-02-16 08:26 PM
    It all depends on how much you use the phone and its apps.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-08-16 02:53 PM
    Wow! I just want to thank all of you for giving me a heads-up that I should still steer clear of Android. I don't restart my Passport and it runs fine forever Thank you.
    Man this is so discouraging.

Posted via CB10
    That's one of so many reasons Android isn't even an option to me.

Cheers,
    10-09-16 05:59 AM
    well if you close it every night its good for the phone..
    10-09-16 06:39 AM
    I usually find it's a good idea to restart every day or two. At the worst it doesn't hurt anything.
    10-09-16 01:33 PM
    I usually only restart right before an OS update to have a clean system the update can be applied to. But this also is only cause I'm a bit cautious on this stuff.
    10-11-16 01:13 PM
    Whenever the beta comes in, so monthly.
    10-11-16 01:25 PM
    Every 2 or 3 days

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-15-16 08:37 AM
    Rarely.
    10-15-16 03:31 PM
    Occasionally.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 10:24 AM
    I restart my phones every morning when I wake up. When I go to get ready for the day, I reboot the phones then walk away. While I'm getting ready, the phones typically check into the Google Play Store and install any pending updates for my apps. This I find is pretty convenient. Also, I firmly believe this is why I never run into any weird lagging or bugginess with my Android devices that a lot of people complain about.

P.S.: I like to watch the PRIV's bootup animation and see the Android behind the BlackBerry shield.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 08:45 PM
    Once a month during monthly patches generally, and the odd once or twice if a stale app is slowing things down. I rarely need it though.
    10-24-16 10:59 PM
    Lollipop was a bit slow but never acted up so during that maybe every week. After marshmallow I had random slow downs and the phone would hang which meant a restart every day or two but the recent October update ironed out any bugs I had and I have not had a slow down or have had to restart my phone since then.
    10-27-16 12:46 AM
    Once per week on average
    10-28-16 05:20 AM