I read that the stock Android sms messenger app heats the phone and drains the battery a ton.

Given that other manufacturers make their own sms app, could BlackBerry make one too? Possibly with better functionality with the HUB and not drain the battery...

#workwide #OG Black
    09-17-16 10:10 AM
    I read that the stock Android sms messenger app heats the phone and drains the battery a ton.
    That's not my experience. The stock messenger app works just fine, uses about the same amount of battery as other SMS apps I've tried. Less than some.
    09-17-16 11:17 AM
    Yea well that may be true, but if they can make a better sms app, they should.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-16 06:05 PM
    The stock messenger app works just fine, uses about the same amount of battery as other SMS apps I've tried. Less than some.
    That was not my experience at all. After BB10 's messaging brilliance, messenger was awful for me . Tried a few different apps and settled on Chomp SMS /MMS. Works well, and integrates well with Hub.

Posted from my reluctantly purchased Priv
    09-19-16 12:46 AM
    I'm using Yaata for sms and it takes you directly back to the hub when you press the back button, hated to keep pushing it multiple times to close sms and then reopen Hub

09-19-16 08:19 PM
    While I'm slowly getting closer to making the move to Android, ever time I read a post like this I keep wondering why things that just seem to work under BB10 can be so problematic with Android.
    09-19-16 09:51 PM
    I'm not sure that "problematic" is the correct term to apply here. With BB10, you essentially had one choice for an SMS app supported in the Hub. On a BB Android device, there are many options -- some simple, others with more features. I, personally, don't consider having a range of options as being a problem. For those looking for a simple SMS app, the stock Messenger is fine. And, while it was a bit rough around the edges at launch, it's been cleaned up quite a bit and is fine for most users. For those looking for a more customised experience, there are many alternatives.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    09-19-16 10:14 PM
    I'm using Yaata for sms and it takes you directly back to the hub when you press the back button, hated to keep pushing it multiple times to close sms and then reopen Hub

I use the stock messenger app and when I hit the back button it takes me back to the hub. Maybe there have been some updates since you switched to yaata

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    09-23-16 12:11 AM
    I use the stock messenger app and when I hit the back button it takes me back to the hub. Maybe there have been some updates since you switched to yaata

Maybe but I'm use to Yaata now

09-23-16 08:06 AM

The stock app is just too basic for me. I also use Yaata because of all the customization available .

09-24-16 03:09 PM
    I was really weary of making a sms program change as I finally had everything running well on my priv.

After much research I chose Textra and after 3 days , I am very pleased. It integrates I to the hub quite well and the company really responds to its customers when having problems.

Just don't uninstall the factory messenger, as it is integrated into everything operating smoothly, just clear it's cache later.

I would pay for the Textra program, an ideal replacement, so far.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    09-25-16 08:40 PM
    I was really weary of making a sms program change as I finally had everything running well on my priv.

After much research I chose Textra and after 3 days , I am very pleased. It integrates I to the hub quite well and the company really responds to its customers when having problems.

Just don't uninstall the factory messenger, as it is integrated into everything operating smoothly, just clear it's cache later.

I would pay for the Textra program, an ideal replacement, so far.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    I use textra as well, only because it's ui grew on me. I don't like how the hub essentially just opens a widget of textra, and as soon as I hit send, that widget closes. I also don't like how every text is marked as read in the hub (not bolded like all the other unread stuff).

However, I haven't found a suitable replacement either.
    09-25-16 11:12 PM
    I use textra as well, only because it's ui grew on me. I don't like how the hub essentially just opens a widget of textra, and as soon as I hit send, that widget closes. I also don't like how every text is marked as read in the hub (not bolded like all the other unread stuff).

Yaata!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-27-16 08:51 PM

Go into settings, you can turn off the option that makes it disappear after you hit enter.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-27-16 11:51 PM
    Signal is also a good option. It's a good sms app and just like imessage, if the other person also has it, it will send an encrypted message over data.

It doesn't integrate with the hub at all though.

09-27-16 11:52 PM
    Go into settings, you can turn off the option that makes it disappear after you hit enter.

whoa. i swear i looked up and down the settings and i couldn't find it, but i just did!
    thanks man!
    09-28-16 12:30 PM
    BBM with sms integration like the old days. That's what I need.

09-28-16 03:46 PM