Hi everybody,

I am dwelling with this scenario:
    I have been BB 10 user since Z10 came to the market. Since last week I am testing a HTC 10 and installed the following applications:
    • Blackberry Hub from Android Play . Costs 0.89 � a month
    • Blackberry Keyboard using Blackberry Manager from Cobalt.
    • F-Secure Mobile Security. �1.05 month (for a 6 months subscription)

The experience so far is very good, I am still getting used to it since I moved from my beloved Blackberry Passport (using it for the last 2 years).

I have loaded many apps, amazing stuff I was missing with BB10. Not bashing at all BB10 - a great OS.

How much I miss not having the security layers that Blackberry implement in the Android Kernel in the Priv or Dtek phones?

Does the installation of a Security App makes my HTC 10 as safe phone as the Priv or Dtek?

Thanks in advance!
    10-15-16 01:34 PM
    It all depends what you mean by security. An add-on security app works differently than the built-in security related functions in the Priv and DTEKs.

Just keep in mind that it is usually what the user does in terms of on-line activity and downloading that is the biggest potential security threat to their device.
    10-15-16 01:53 PM
    Thanks for your response!
    In a scenario where a user is, for example, using an unsafe wifi hotspot (e.g. airport or Starbucks) in a foreigner country, and this wi-fi has some security threats implemented by a criminal. User is accessing his/her Barclays Banking App for the sake of scenario.

What would be the outcome from a Priv/Dtek user VS a non-BB Android user? Both using their updated devices. Talking in probability, which user is more vulnerable?

I tend to believe the hardware implemented security is stronger, but at the same time, the constant updates (almost daily) from a security expert companies like F-Secure or Mcafee could be better in some cases.

Any thoughts?
    10-15-16 02:27 PM
    I don't see how there would be any difference in the Wi-Fi network traffic between one device or the other, unless one was using a VPN. Assuming all you are doing is using your banking app the only significant potential threat would be from someone nearby spoofing themselves as a free Wi-Fi hot spot so they could watch was going through their network.
    10-15-16 02:45 PM