Hi,

What does everybody do to make sure their Dtek 50/60/Priv does not hacked and is the most secure as possible?

Apart from using the Dtek app...

Thanks
    03-03-17 06:20 PM
    Stick to Google Play Store. Use excellent passwords for all of your accounts and cloud sources. Use your brain.
    ikeloyalBB and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    03-03-17 06:47 PM
    Stick to Google Play Store. Use excellent passwords for all of your accounts and cloud sources. Use your brain.
    Do you use anti virus software?
    03-03-17 07:19 PM
    Do you use anti virus software?
    Never.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-03-17 07:33 PM
    03-04-17 07:58 PM
    The blurb:
    Attached Thumbnails Best ways of Securing a BlackBerry Android-7975.jpg  
    03-04-17 07:59 PM
    The blurb:
    Thanks
    03-05-17 05:36 AM
    Hi,

What does everybody do to make sure their Dtek 50/60/Priv does not hacked and is the most secure as possible?

Thanks
    They same as the vast majority of Android users without the Dtek app do: just as Conite said.

If using an antivirus allows you to feel safer, than by all means, go ahead; I don't, but I maintain fairly strict usage standards. My heart skips a beat every time I see someone requesting a random apk on here LOL.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-05-17 05:55 AM
    Use your brain.
    That's like 75% of all security on any platform.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-05-17 10:51 AM
    Hi,

Thanks
    Since the blackberry android cannot be rooted, there are a Host of non root apps you can use to secure the OS. Some of the non root apps I use the most to secure any android are fdroid market, apk permission pro, netguard, and secrecy. With apk Permission pro, you'll be able to change the permissions of any installed or downloaded apps. I don't use an app without modifying it's permissions to what I'm comfortable with. netguard helps me keep a log of what apps constantly connect to the Internet in the background. Very helpful too especially as that can identify apps that kill your battery faster. Secrecy is for on the go file encryption. Works alright. I can't use a blackberry android cause my preparation for any device or app is getting rid of anything Google

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 11:58 PM
    Since the blackberry android cannot be rooted, there are a Host of non root apps you can use to secure the OS. Some of the non root apps I use the most to secure any android are fdroid market, apk permission pro, netguard, and secrecy. With apk Permission pro, you'll be able to change the permissions of any installed or downloaded apps. I don't use an app without modifying it's permissions to what I'm comfortable with. netguard helps me keep a log of what apps constantly connect to the Internet in the background. Very helpful too especially as that can identify apps that kill your battery faster. Secrecy is for on the go file encryption. Works alright. I can't use a blackberry android cause my preparation for any device or app is getting rid of anything Google

Posted via CB10
    You use Fdroid you be safe? Interesting.
    04-09-17 08:55 PM
    Yes. Through fdroid you'll have access to a host of open source tools designed by hardworking programmers to ensure your phone is secure. Your point?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 09:01 PM
    Not inherently. FDroid is just a place where you can get software independent of the Play Store.

It's largely just another place to get software, and especially since you can't root these phones, the security/safety benefits of software can be dubious.
    04-11-17 05:10 AM
    Hi,

Thanks
    The first and most important thing is to download Apps and software from the Google play store. If you are using websites to get various .Apk files, there is always the possibility for problems.

The next thing would be to use 'common sense' and just be aware about what's happening. For example, if you receive and E-mail from someone you don't know with links. Don't click on them

Keep your OS up to date with the latest security patch for your device. Turn off NFC, Bluetooth or WiFi if you are not using it. Then you should be absolutely fine.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-11-17 06:20 AM