I am trying to find out who is using HUB on their phones and what kind of phones are you using?

I'll start:
    Moto E
    Samsung J320A

Overall impression: Slow.
    10-18-16 10:11 PM
    Using hub on Priv ,but only have one email account in it /on purpose
    10-18-16 10:32 PM
    Qustion--how is hub slow?
    10-18-16 10:33 PM
    Fairphone 2 and Priv

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 11:27 PM
    LG G4

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-16 01:49 AM
    Right now I'm using it with a galaxy S7. If you have Nova launcher paid version it allows gestures. So when i flick up on the home screen the hub appears, which at this point may be the closest i can get to the blackberry 10 experience.
    10-19-16 01:55 AM
    I'm using Hub+ on my Xperia X Performance. Works quite well. The Hub still needs some refinement, but I'm still enjoying it as is.
    10-19-16 11:27 AM
    Bought a Priv as a gift to someone. They gave me their old S4 to play with. Loaded all the BlackBerry apps and so far am impressed.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    10-19-16 12:21 PM
    Bought a Priv as a gift to someone. They gave me their old S4 to play with. Loaded all the BlackBerry apps and so far am impressed.

Posted via CB10
    I'm lurking here to survey how good is the BlackBerry experience on Android. Currently, what are the apps made by BlackBerry on Android?

Did they migrate BlackBerry travel and BlackBerry Express too?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 12:49 PM
    I'm lurking here to survey how good is the BlackBerry experience on Android. Currently, what are the apps made by BlackBerry on Android?

Did they migrate BlackBerry travel and BlackBerry Express too?

Posted via CB10
    Hub
    Calendar
    Notes
    Tasks
    Contacts
    Password Keeper
    Device Search
    Launcher
    And the Keyboard (unofficially) with swiping typing

Are all the apps I installed. I like the launcher with its shortcuts to battery and data usage.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 01:20 PM
    Hub
    Calendar
    Notes
    Tasks
    Contacts
    Password Keeper
    Device Search
    Launcher
    And the Keyboard (unofficially) with swiping typing

Are all the apps I installed. I like the launcher with its shortcuts to battery and data usage.

Posted via CB10
    Too bad there's no BlackBerry travel or BlackBerry Express. But thanks for the list though.

I hope there's someone who can make a video about BlackBerry apps on Android. The ones existing on YouTube are merely device reviews.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 12:54 PM
    Qustion--how is hub slow?
    Sorry, I thought I replied to this earlier, I guess I didn't.

As a heavy email user, when I see a new email and tap on it, not everything pops up immediately.
    When tapping through emails, most of them are long reply back/forth emails, the email view shows sender, then date time, a split second later bottom and top icons/buttons, split second later the email content finally appears.

It's pretty much same thing when I swipe left and right for next/previous emails. It's just pain, compared to my Passport or any BB Hub (not that I expect it work the same, but at least simple things like displaying emails should be fast enough).

I'm using Hub+ on my Xperia X Performance. Works quite well. The Hub still needs some refinement, but I'm still enjoying it as is.
    When you say refinement, what are you referring to? Overall there are still things they should update in order to make operation more convenient for end user, but it would be helpful if you can mention what are the things that are lacking in your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    Is it really good or is it just good enough? I am seeing it laggy on Galaxy J3.

Too bad there's no BlackBerry travel or BlackBerry Express. But thanks for the list though.

I hope there's someone who can make a video about BlackBerry apps on Android. The ones existing on YouTube are merely device reviews.

Posted via CB10
    Actually if I had a proper phone like S7 Edge or S6 Edge+ or Note 5 or something in that line, something that is very powerful in terms of processing and RAM, and preferably with minimal skinning (Samsung doesn't meet this criteria but you get the idea) I'd do this in a heartbeat.

I've been searching here, on YT, on Android Phones and Reddit and asking around if anyone actually compared BB Hub operation to Android Hub operation. Sure, on paper we got a lot of info, but nobody comes out and shows the difference. My guess is there still aren't too many BB users who went to Android BB and know what they are missing, or they were not fully utilizing BB Hub to begin with so they can't really tell what's missing. However things like laggy operation should be very obvious.

Anyway, maybe I can do that with my J3 or if I can find something a bit more powerful (or, better yet, if I can spot another $300 Priv, I will buy and do it on that) I'll do this for all power BB users. Seriously I am ready to go back to my Passport, but on the other hand I don't want to judge Hub+ purely on my experience on J3, which is not really bad, but not the best phone out there obviously. Compared to earlier BB's, this thing should fly through hub with Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor and 1.5GB RAM, so we are not talking about 1GB or less or Dual core phone here.
    10-21-16 11:55 AM
    I only have one email on it with no Sim in the phone. I'd say it takes a second or two to load up hub. Probably similar to J3. If already open, it's pretty instant to go back into it. In app performance, scrolling and such seems acceptable. I have no other Android phone to compare it to tho.

Edit, messed up quoting.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 03:07 PM
    Pixel, so far so good
    Hub
    Cal
    Contacts
    Task
    Swiftkey
    Silly vzw text - just for history from priv

Sticking with pixel launcher for now but wish I had the bbry widget-views and dynamic calendar icon

I suspect this thread should have been in the Hub+ forum
    10-22-16 05:01 PM
    oh yea, password keep too. When are they going to let the android version sync wihthte server, i now have 3 keepers to keep up with. BBRY - nicely self managed and two on android manually updated - yuk
    10-22-16 05:03 PM
    I'm using BlackBerry Hub + apps on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    10-23-16 10:25 AM
    Sorry, I thought I replied to this earlier, I guess I didn't.

As a heavy email user, when I see a new email and tap on it, not everything pops up immediately.
    When tapping through emails, most of them are long reply back/forth emails, the email view shows sender, then date time, a split second later bottom and top icons/buttons, split second later the email content finally appears.

It's pretty much same thing when I swipe left and right for next/previous emails. It's just pain, compared to my Passport or any BB Hub (not that I expect it work the same, but at least simple things like displaying emails should be fast enough).

When you say refinement, what are you referring to? Overall there are still things they should update in order to make operation more convenient for end user, but it would be helpful if you can mention what are the things that are lacking in your opinion?

Is it really good or is it just good enough? I am seeing it laggy on Galaxy J3.

Actually if I had a proper phone like S7 Edge or S6 Edge+ or Note 5 or something in that line, something that is very powerful in terms of processing and RAM, and preferably with minimal skinning (Samsung doesn't meet this criteria but you get the idea) I'd do this in a heartbeat.

I've been searching here, on YT, on Android Phones and Reddit and asking around if anyone actually compared BB Hub operation to Android Hub operation. Sure, on paper we got a lot of info, but nobody comes out and shows the difference. My guess is there still aren't too many BB users who went to Android BB and know what they are missing, or they were not fully utilizing BB Hub to begin with so they can't really tell what's missing. However things like laggy operation should be very obvious.

Anyway, maybe I can do that with my J3 or if I can find something a bit more powerful (or, better yet, if I can spot another $300 Priv, I will buy and do it on that) I'll do this for all power BB users. Seriously I am ready to go back to my Passport, but on the other hand I don't want to judge Hub+ purely on my experience on J3, which is not really bad, but not the best phone out there obviously. Compared to earlier BB's, this thing should fly through hub with Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor and 1.5GB RAM, so we are not talking about 1GB or less or Dual core phone here.
    Can you please do the video for the software review? I'm not particular with the performance at this point. I just want to see what can be done or can't be done on Android BlackBerry / Android with BlackBerry software.

Like how things work, flow, does it resembles BlackBerry 10. Etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 02:41 PM
    Can you please do the video for the software review? I'm not particular with the performance at this point. I just want to see what can be done or can't be done on Android BlackBerry / Android with BlackBerry software.

Like how things work, flow, does it resembles BlackBerry 10. Etc.

Posted via CB10

I thought I was reading one of my posts from several months ago.
    To be honest, I don't want people to hate Android Blackberry Hub+ Services, and also I don't know how to blur out certain sections of the video, is there an easy tool like Windows Movie Maker but with Blur tool for certain areas? I would love to do this but I think my Samsung J3 will not do the justice, it will feel slow and clunky, and people will go "Oh that's terrible, I am NOT getting a Priv or DTEK50".

Let's see if I can manage to snag wife's Note 3 it might be faster, maybe I'll do one on her Note 3.
    In the meantime I'll start a few random email accounts with folders/schedules/etc.. and this way I won't have to blur anything.

I totally understand what you want to see.. I bought 3 crappy android phones in order to test BB services, one phone turned out to be uncompatible with BB Hub+ (at the time), the other one got messed up with broken SIM card PIN connectors when I tried to use SIM adapter, and now 3rd one, my new daily driver J3, feels like total crap (overall android, not BB Hub). It's like my Passport cursing the Android phones I try.
    BoyTanggol likes this.
    10-23-16 10:31 PM
    I thought I was reading one of my posts from several months ago.
    To be honest, I don't want people to hate Android Blackberry Hub+ Services, and also I don't know how to blur out certain sections of the video, is there an easy tool like Windows Movie Maker but with Blur tool for certain areas? I would love to do this but I think my Samsung J3 will not do the justice, it will feel slow and clunky, and people will go "Oh that's terrible, I am NOT getting a Priv or DTEK50".

Let's see if I can manage to snag wife's Note 3 it might be faster, maybe I'll do one on her Note 3.
    In the meantime I'll start a few random email accounts with folders/schedules/etc.. and this way I won't have to blur anything.

I totally understand what you want to see.. I bought 3 crappy android phones in order to test BB services, one phone turned out to be uncompatible with BB Hub+ (at the time), the other one got messed up with broken SIM card PIN connectors when I tried to use SIM adapter, and now 3rd one, my new daily driver J3, feels like total crap (overall android, not BB Hub). It's like my Passport cursing the Android phones I try.
    Thanks for considering.

I'm reluctantly wanting to go to Android. But at this point in which only BlackBerry software on Android getting the updates, what are my choices right? At least every months there's an update on the OS. At least every two weeks there's an article here in CB about BlackBerry apps update.

Sad times for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 12:37 AM
    I am trying to find out who is using HUB on their phones and what kind of phones are you using?

I'll start:
    Moto E
    Samsung J320A

Overall impression: Slow.
    Am using HUB+ on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Which is basically a mid-range phone in terms of specs. It's running pretty well maybe because it has 3Gb of RAM.

Overall impression is that it's good in terms of speed but tends to be a bit of a battery drain. In got the paid subscription for the Hub+.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-25-16 11:09 AM
    Am using HUB+ on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Which is basically a mid-range phone in terms of specs. It's running pretty well maybe because it has 3Gb of RAM.

Overall impression is that it's good in terms of speed but tends to be a bit of a battery drain. In got the paid subscription for the Hub+.
    That's good to know that, I RAM has a lot to do with how well Hub+ works because Android doesn't do well with multitasking no matter what they say. BB10 did this best. Anyway, which carrier are you using it on?
    10-25-16 08:39 PM
    BlackBerry Priv is the only smartphone device I use for the Hub and Hub+ experience and it's fast with the connections. I have five e-mailaccounts in total they are set up now by myself.

First: I bought it off contract with no insurance so that I can be independent with all permissions, settings and options within the device. My goal in the end also is that I want more options (Like for examples of PKB and type of any develop Google up-to-date softwares and software features) that I would like to see and I ask myself why I didn't had it before with my previous BBOS and BB10 smartphone devices.

Second: Because of the originality of the first BlackBerry Powered By Android smartphone device that is made for real by BlackBerry Inc itself.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 10-26-16 at 06:43 PM.
    10-26-16 12:09 AM
    Using the PRIV all the way.
    10-28-16 02:07 PM
    Using the Hub+ on my HTC One A9. Have been from the start when it became available.
    Attached Thumbnails Which Android phone are you using with Hub+ Services?-99089.jpg  
    10-28-16 05:35 PM
    Using it on my ZTE Axon 7
    10-28-16 05:39 PM
37 12