Here's BlackBerry's Alex Thurber in a very recent blogcast on UTB.

Thurber discusses lotsa stuff that crackberry members ask lotsa questions about. So, listen for yourself, don't rely on others to tell you their (mis)interpretation of what he said, or what's what.

Some highlights:
    32'37" approx, android n for extant blackdroid devices: still under discussion with qualcom, google etc

42'13" approx, aurora camera app, not a BlackBerry camera app. No indication as yet as to whether aurora mob will release it to other devices.

43'12" approx, bb10 gestures on blackdroid devices, prob is with android platform

44'30" approx, swipe keys, thurber will inquire as to whether it's a nougat issue or not, re why they're not currently on KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Lotsa other interesting stuff discussed.
    05-21-17 04:29 AM
    @Heavens1 , Thanks for the video! Was definitely nice to listen. I know he didn't confirm Nougat but at least we know they are discussing and will let us know when they have a final decision. I presume they are working on it but just deciding if they want to release it. Hopefully June sometime.
    05-21-17 05:27 AM
    @Matty isn't it grand to be able to hear this info with our own ears!! No second or third hand passdown. 😎

(I'd hate to let the facts get in the way of a good story, lol 😁)
    05-21-17 05:32 AM
    Here's BlackBerry's Alex Thurber in a very recent blogcast on UTB.

Thurber discusses lotsa stuff that crackberry members ask lotsa questions about. So, listen for yourself, don't rely on others to tell you their (mis)interpretation of what he said, or what's what.

Some highlights:
    32'37" approx, android n for extant blackdroid devices: still under discussion with qualcom, google etc

42'13" approx, aurora camera app, not a BlackBerry camera app. No indication as yet as to whether aurora mob will release it to other devices.

43'12" approx, bb10 gestures on blackdroid devices, prob is with android platform

44'30" approx, swipe keys, thurber will inquire as to whether it's a nougat issue or not, re why they're not currently on KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Lotsa other interesting stuff discussed.
    Thanks for this. I will listen to it later.
    05-21-17 08:08 AM
    Hang on a sec, did I hear him say at 44.30 that with the Keyone & Nougat we lose the three swipe up shortcuts, but GAIN the 52 keyboard shortcuts?
    Um, aren't these 52 key shortcuts already on the Priv running Marshmallow?
    Last edited by Bertie Bear; 05-21-17 at 12:11 PM.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-21-17 11:52 AM
    I asked for clarification. My guess is that it's a KEYone thing, not N in and of itself.
    05-21-17 12:03 PM
    Hello. What says about BB10 gestures? Is not working for me this part of the video...
    05-21-17 12:11 PM
    "Still deciding on Nougat update" most likely means "no". Too bad.
    05-21-17 12:29 PM
    Hang on a sec, did I hear him say at 44.30 that with the Keyone & Nougat we lose the three swipe up shortcuts, but GAIN the 52 keyboard shortcuts?
    Um, aren't these 52 key shortcuts already on the Priv running Marshmallow?
    That's right, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't have the swipe features.
    05-21-17 02:30 PM
    This would be so Bad, but After the BB10-exit no big surprise.

They simply don't like to polish their image.
    05-21-17 03:15 PM
    This would be so Bad, but After the BB10-exit no big surprise.

They simply don't like to polish their image.
    Well, they don't have a lot to lose, since they are already out of the device business.
    05-21-17 03:16 PM
    That's right, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't have the swipe features.
    Yes, that's right. Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that Mr Thurber seems to think the 52 keyboard shortcuts are a new innovation, although of course they were already there on the Priv (which does also have the swipe up & down features).
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-21-17 03:18 PM
    I asked for clarification. My guess is that it's a KEYone thing, not N in and of itself.
    Yeah, would have to agree with this. I definitely think it's KEYone thing. They are trying to promote the keyboard shortcuts so maybe that's why they removed it. I'm sure it will still be available for all other full touch devices.

It's one of the very know BB10 gestures and I use it all the time. I could just click on the hub icon, but swiping is cool!!

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-21-17 03:19 PM
    Yes, that's right. Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that Mr Thurber seems to think the 52 keyboard shortcuts are a new innovation, although of course they were already there on the Priv (which does also have the swipe up & down features).
    Of course the difference is the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard is always available.
    05-21-17 03:19 PM
    The swipe gestures are available on the Aurora which runs android n so it is a Keyone thing.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-21-17 04:12 PM
    The swipe gestures are available on the Aurora which runs android n so it is a Keyone thing.
    KEYone does have the swipe feature now. Came in an update a week or so ago. Didn't watch this interview but looks like both parties should have done their research.
    mbirth likes this.
    05-21-17 04:28 PM
    Most likely this. Not sure what there is to discuss exactly. Other devices with the same Qualcomm chips already have the update and I really don't think Google would stop anything. Seems like a bull sluff off response.
    Last edited by Uzi; 05-22-17 at 11:47 AM.
    Uzi and app_Developer like this.
    05-21-17 04:30 PM
    @Heavens1 , Thanks for the video! Was definitely nice to listen. I know he didn't confirm Nougat but at least we know they are discussing and will let us know when they have a final decision. I presume they are working on it but just deciding if they want to release it. Hopefully June sometime.
    I'm doubting it would be June as I expect the US release to be over the summer. BBMobile is in business to sell BlackBerry branded devices. Updating the Priv and DTEK series to N won't help the cause with respect to device sales. Nevertheless, I'm still doubting we will see Priv update the dtek series is a bit up in the air as there are ties with BlackBerry and TCL with respect to the dtek60 and 50.

Nevertheless, Conite and I had a chance to speak with Alex on Wednesday Night in Toronto, super easy guy to talk to, very informative . He wasn't really shy to answer any of our questions. Although we really didn't dig to deep.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-21-17 04:42 PM
    I'm doubting it would be June as I expect the US release to be over the summer. BBMobile is in business to sell BlackBerry branded devices. Updating the Priv and DTEK series to N won't help the cause with respect to device sales. Nevertheless, I'm still doubting we will see Priv update the dtek series is a bit up in the air as there are ties with BlackBerry and TCL with respect to the dtek60 and 50.

Nevertheless, Conite and I had a chance to speak with Alex on Wednesday Night in Toronto, super easy guy to talk to, very informative . He wasn't really shy to answer any of our questions. Although we really didn't dig to deep.
    Hi Carjackd
    I agree, Alex was very easy to talk to on the blogcast and freely answered any questions we put to him, where he could. It was great to hear the direction BlackBerry are heading and how the whole licensing deal works. We are very grateful to Alex for giving up his time to come on. A top bloke!!!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-21-17 04:59 PM
    KEYone does have the swipe feature now. Came in an update a week or so ago. Didn't watch this interview but looks like both parties should have done their research.
    I refer to the three swipes from the base of the device screen. Do you?
    05-21-17 04:59 PM
    This:
    Attached Thumbnails Alex Thurber on: nougat, aurora camera app etc-28620.jpg  
    05-21-17 05:00 PM
    I refer to the three swipes from the base of the device screen. Do you?
    Ahh thought you meant swipe typing on the keyboard. You stated swipe keys so I assumed keyboard keys and typing.
    05-21-17 05:00 PM
    We did our research, hence why that question was asked.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 05:06 PM
    Aw c'mon Ray. Nobody in this thread (or anywhere else on planet Earth) knows everything.
    05-21-17 09:59 PM
    Aw c'mon Ray. Nobody in this thread (or anywhere else on planet Earth) knows everything.
    No worries. Misinterpreted what the OP was asking. Was thinking swipe typing rather then swipe Shortcuts.
    05-21-17 10:42 PM
82 123 ...