- CrackBerry Newbie
- 6 Posts
User Migration from BES 5 to BES 10
I am testing BES 10 in my environment and have 2 BB Z10s. I would like to port the users from my BES 5 to my new Dev BES 10 server.
How would you go about doing this. I cannot seem to find the migration tool.
If anyone could help out that would be great.
- 02-11-2013, 12:07 PM #2
It's my understanding that these 2 services are totally independent. They aren't actually supposed to be on the same server (you can do this via a VM if necessary), which explains the lack of a migration tool.
You'll probably have to set all your policies and everything from scratch for BES10 unfortunately.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM #3
Ok, so here is a VERY easy way to do it.
Go into your Mobile Fusion/BES 10 console Window. Create a SECOND device activation for your users. Activate these two users on the Z10. At this point, email/contacts/calendar/etc will be on both units. Go in and delete the BES5/Legacy BBOS users.~S_A
- 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM #5~S_A
- CrackBerry User
02-14-2013, 10:41 PM #6
- 15 Posts
Keep in mind that the BDS does not have the same ability to save settings the way BES 5 does. (which folders are synced, profile settings etc) so the transfer tool is somewhat irrelevant.
I have been doing what S_A has been doing: Activating the new phone on the BDS, and when comfortable with the Z10, removing the BB from the BES 5
- By itwanmgr in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
- By fpnunes in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 18Last Post: 04-16-2008, 05:56 PM
- By ywbyun in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
- By golfsail in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
- By deltron612 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2007, 01:13 PM