CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Setting up Exchange Email

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but bare with me anywho. At our corporation, we're running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. I can add emails fine to the Z10 using ActiveSync. They come through, they send, there are contacts etc.

So, we've also set up an Email profile in BDS, which has the exact same perameters as the manual ActiveSync setup would have. The Z10 seems to get everything fine past the Enterprise Activation. There are no errors or anything, and the Balance thing sets itself up. However, the accounts do not get any emails, contacts, etc.

When I try to update the password in the account, the following error comes up "The server for account email@adress.ca [server.name.ca, port:80] can't be reached. The settings might be incorrect or the server could be temporarily offline. Check your settings and try again."

Aside from that, there are no other errors. Also, oddly enough, the email account shows up in both the Personal, and Work Hubs, though I don't know if that's of any relevance or not.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    CrackBerry Newbie

you should contact your Airtime provider they can help you set up your configuration...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Is your Activesync set up on your internal network with the same name as the external one. I had a similar issue, our internal Activesync name was not published with the same friendly name as it is externally. If you set up with BDS you are tunneling into your network. It also seems to have some issues with certain clustering/role seperation choices.
    CrackBerry User

Default Setting up Exchange Email

This happened to me...I activated myself without an email profile. Try this:

Before Activating any users you have to create an email profile in BAS10. You can create users in BAS but with no email profile they will activate successfully on their device but no email will flow. No corporate email will show in the hub.
    Add email profile in BAS by going to: Blackberry Solution Management, Profiles, Create an email profile with your mail server details.
    Add users and apply the Email profile in the same new user screen (at the bottom).
    I was able to activate my Z10 with no problem, in fact it was VERY FAST and corporate email worked.

Btw my active sync is publicly published via Isa and firewall.

BES admin, BB lover