CrackBerry User

PIN
    aka Sharp Pointy Stick
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Service blocked on sending emails

I'm currently on my travels - East Africa as it happens - and I've been trying for ages to get my BB online (lack of roaming GPRS agreement with UK providers) and have at last found a suitable WiFi connection.

My colleague with me has her blackberry (also set up by me) and she has her emails being wirelessly reconciled now perfectly. However on my blackberry I get nothing and when I try to send an email it errors with "Service blocked".

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    327E9576

Taken from another forum/website:

Blackberry Error:

“Status: Service Blocked”

This error occurs when sending emails. The device is not able to receive emails. However, usually the device is able to get online via the Blackberry Browser.

Cause:

Incorrect Data Plan with Phone Carrier.

If you connect to your company’s BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), you will need to have a BES data plan NOT the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) data plan.

After the carrier switches the data plan to the appropriate BES one, you may need to go into Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables and click and choose “Register Now” to update the devices routing tables.

If you still cannot send or receive emails; you may need to rerun the Enterprise Activation.