Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

46 Posts
    aka Sharp Pointy Stick
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Service blocked on sending emails

I'm currently on my travels - East Africa as it happens - and I've been trying for ages to get my BB online (lack of roaming GPRS agreement with UK providers) and have at last found a suitable WiFi connection.

My colleague with me has her blackberry (also set up by me) and she has her emails being wirelessly reconciled now perfectly. However on my blackberry I get nothing and when I try to send an email it errors with "Service blocked".

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

3 Posts

Taken from another forum/website:

Blackberry Error:

“Status: Service Blocked”

This error occurs when sending emails. The device is not able to receive emails. However, usually the device is able to get online via the Blackberry Browser.

Incorrect Data Plan with Phone Carrier.

If you connect to your company’s BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), you will need to have a BES data plan NOT the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) data plan.

After the carrier switches the data plan to the appropriate BES one, you may need to go into Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables and click and choose “Register Now” to update the devices routing tables.

If you still cannot send or receive emails; you may need to rerun the Enterprise Activation.