Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Removing Enterprise Activation

Ok everyone, I hope you can help me.
    I own a BB 8100 Pearl, running on T-Mobile. When I left my old employer the device was set up for wireless sync / automatic reconciliation, (basically on a BES server) etc.

When I loaded the desktop software on my PC at my new job (no BES )I can't sync my contacts, calendar, etc. I really need those contacts and would hate to rekey them, Iíve got about 600.

So... 2 questions.
    1. How can I remove my old employer's settings w/o loosing all the data on my phone, I don't care about the e-mail just the contacts
    2. Will desktop reconciliation then work?

I want to import my contacts from my phone to my new job and then have a desktop reconciliation so they are always current.

As a bonus, anyone ever heard of the Bluetooth reconciliation so I do not have to plug my device in to reconcile?

I sincerely appreciate the help.

When I loaded the desktop software on my PC at my new job (no BES )I can't sync my contacts, calendar, etc. I really need those contacts and would hate to rekey them, Iíve got about 600.

So... 2 questions.
    1. How can I remove my old employer's settings w/o loosing all the data on my phone, I don't care about the e-mail just the contacts
    2. Will desktop reconciliation then work?

I want to import my contact from my phone to my new job and then have a desktop reconciliation so they are always current.

As a bonus, anyone ever heard of the Bluetooth reconciliation so I do not have to plug my device in to reconcile?

I sincerely appreciate the help.
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,207 Global Posts
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yea, I saw that. I'm a little worried I might screw something up if I do that. Anyway to backup the contacts?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

I am somewhat in the same boat.....
    My IT guy set things up in a test environment and everything synced fine. Now we can't get things working in the "real" environment and I have no internet because of an IT policy.
    Ugh.......!
    I may have to do this which really does not sound appealing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You need to disable wireless sync on your BlackBerry:

-open Contacts
    -open menu
    -go to options
    -set "wireless sync" to NO

-you should not be able to sync your contacts with your desktop
    -at the very least, you should be able to do a backup of your device using DTM

-after successfully backing up/syncing your contacts, it is in your best interest to wipe the BB and apply the "remove IT Policy" mentioned above.

Hope this helps!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Also need help with Blackberry Storm purchased on ebay!

Should have known better, Storm too good to be true and nothing but problems. I have cleared everything off but still cannot rid BES and owners previous number he said he put on just to unlock phone as new and under no contract. Accessories sent back as did not work, seller sent new ones but now will not answer emails etc. Storm has sellers phone number on phone and it will not erase, so unable to useStorm for email, web, apps, only good for phoning. Am I missing something, how do I remove BES and phone number Etc., seems I need some sort of password and client not receiving calls. I have cleared phone numberous times but csnnot take phone number off or remove enterprose etc. Need help, did I just get scammed for $275.00
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    PIN
    323EC51E

Does your T-Mobile storm have the previous owners sim in it? Or how are you describing that it has the provious owner's phone number? I thought the number on GSM phone came from the simm chip.

The only place I might think of that the phone number would be stored is in the voice mail settings

To clear EVERYTHING, download the latest device OS and load it with the option not to restore prev data; that should clear everything out.
    CrackBerry User

Your policy was prob set so that you couldnt use DM on your pc, Go into options>advanced options>service books and delete the entries for your old email address, this should removethe policies and put you back to being able to sync with DM
    CrackBerry User

removing service books do not remove IT policy

KB17215

use loader.exe /resettofactory
    according to above KB
    My hangout Drop by if you want.BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Rocking the Z10 and PlayBook 64 on the BES I maintain
    Follow me http://twitter.com/knottyrope
    Thanked by:
    roberta117 (10-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

have an unlocked storm on ATT and for some reason i cannot use the browser or email, the email just says that it is already set up for enterprise... how do i fix this? i added all the service books and stuff but i still cannot use either
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    PIN
    323EC51E

Quote Originally Posted by stephen.fitness21 View Post
    have an unlocked storm on ATT and for some reason i cannot use the browser or email, the email just says that it is already set up for enterprise... how do i fix this? i added all the service books and stuff but i still cannot use either
    Try reloading the device OS (download the latest greatest first) using apploader and de-select backup and restore when you reload it so that it's not putting the prior data back on the device after it's reloaded.

AT&T is forcing everyone to data plans for sometime by checking your ESN and IMEI numbers, that might be the problem is you are just putting a AT&T simm in it and going with it, if the service books you install by hand I presume are out of date this could very well be you problem.

Might check the AT&T forum or the Verizon forum, there would be better advice there there...... You know that wldwmn pulled up a old thread from 2008 and then it got jumped up to Feb 2010 and now you, stephen.fitness21 jumped in on it for 2011 ?? Might get a better response in the Bold forum too....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello everyone,
    I buy blackberry bold 9780 from online and I can't setup my personal email because enterprise activation appear and request email account & password. I try several methods to remove this enterprise activation but none working. I've done;

1. Wiping
    2. Re-install OS 6 (same release version)
    3. delete service book
    4. remove IT policy (using crackutil)

I also call my service provider (O2 UK) to resolve this matters but didn't work. They just suggest me to ask previous owner of this phone to remove enterprise service with previous network but unfortunately the seller disappear..

Anyone could help me..??
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi,i have bb 9800.it has only one option of "enterprise email".i have been set it to factory settings by handset and by blackberry desktop.updated its os.but it has still the option of enterprise,there is no option of internet email.well..is there any correct solution rather then security wipping?today i tried to setup email by opening blackberry website and i got a error.i know if i do contact,i will be adviced to contact with previous owner.but i really don't know that who is the right owner of the phone as i had bought it second hand.it is on vodafone but unlocked. "see the pic" any good solution? regards
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have you tried the Security Wipe? Do that, then tell us?
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have a curve 9360 it was a corp promo thru my wife's employer. I don't want to be hooked up thur their enterprise account. Am i able to delete the enterprise account activation without activating first? i looked in the service book screen but don't see anything listed there to delete. Listed is: mms client bbid, b.b identity browser config, tunes and apps, bell news, wap browserconfig, wap2 transport, provisoning, mms transport, wap push sonfig, wi-fi tcp/ip browser, wi-fi tcp/ip transport. any help would be appreciated
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

You don't have the BES service books. If you didn't go through Enterprise Activation, you're not hooked into their system.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ok so will doing a reset to factory get rid of the enterprise option? i suspect that reset won't affect the sim card? so the phone will still work fine w/o contacting bell?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Security wipe won't do anything. If it's on your cell account, you can make sure it is not on a corporate Blackberry plan, that'll save some money with some carriers. Other than that, having the Enterprise Activation option there doesn't do anything. As far as their BES admin goes, your Blackberry doesn't exist.