Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My Firm is to discontinue BES--need a work around to continue using Blackberry

My Firm currently has Blackberry Enterprise Server, but I am advised that we will discontinue next year due to the fact only a handfull of BB users remain in the Firm (I made the argument that BB OS 10 is coming--no luck).
    I am told by our IT Manager that I can continue to use my BB if the following can be done with the BB:
    1. Due to security concerns if lost, it has to be able to be remotely shut down / wiped with no BES in place.
    a. I think that Blackberry Protect accomplishes this. In fact, I understand that BB Protect is specifically for BIS (as opposed to BES).
    b. Any guidance available?
    2. The BB has to be able to "sync with Outlook Web access (owa)". I don't know that stuff.
    a. Can anybody provide me with a step-by-step on how this is done?
    Sorry to impose on your expertise, but if I don't give this IT department the easy step-by-step, they will not bother figuring it out for me.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Rngadng
    CrackBerry Abuser

BlackBerry Internet Service will solve your OWA sync , contact your service provider on instructions how to setup your BIS acccount
    BB protect solve your security concerns

Global Posts
    24,188 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

just switch from BES to BIS with your service provider. You wont have the exact capabilities on BIS but you can still get your mail and such
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,961 Global Posts

The BlackBerry will not "sync" with Outlook using OWA on BIS.

You can, however, get your emails pushed to your BlackBerry using the OWA settings. The email will not sync and the calendar will not be accessible.
    CrackBerry User

We use Good Mobile Manager
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

If your employer allows Microsoft Exchange Active Sync you could use a BlackBerry Z10. If all smartphones are BlackBerry and being phased out with no BYOD policy, you might be stuck with OWA on the BlackBerry Smartphone; you integrate like any account but you loose most synchronization capabilities.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10