- CrackBerry User
- 48 Posts
My Firm is to discontinue BES--need a work around to continue using Blackberry
My Firm currently has Blackberry Enterprise Server, but I am advised that we will discontinue next year due to the fact only a handfull of BB users remain in the Firm (I made the argument that BB OS 10 is coming--no luck).
I am told by our IT Manager that I can continue to use my BB if the following can be done with the BB:
1. Due to security concerns if lost, it has to be able to be remotely shut down / wiped with no BES in place.
a. I think that Blackberry Protect accomplishes this. In fact, I understand that BB Protect is specifically for BIS (as opposed to BES).
b. Any guidance available?
2. The BB has to be able to "sync with Outlook Web access (owa)". I don't know that stuff.
a. Can anybody provide me with a step-by-step on how this is done?
Sorry to impose on your expertise, but if I don't give this IT department the easy step-by-step, they will not bother figuring it out for me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM #3
just switch from BES to BIS with your service provider. You wont have the exact capabilities on BIS but you can still get your mail and such~Matt
Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
- 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM #4
The BlackBerry will not "sync" with Outlook using OWA on BIS.
You can, however, get your emails pushed to your BlackBerry using the OWA settings. The email will not sync and the calendar will not be accessible.
- 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM #6
If your employer allows Microsoft Exchange Active Sync you could use a BlackBerry Z10. If all smartphones are BlackBerry and being phased out with no BYOD policy, you might be stuck with OWA on the BlackBerry Smartphone; you integrate like any account but you loose most synchronization capabilities.
Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
- By isoft7 in forum Business UsersReplies: 3Last Post: 10-31-2012, 03:53 AM
- By kriss76 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM
- By alatrop in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
- By kphares in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 01-04-2008, 03:06 AM