- CrackBerry User
- 42 Posts
My Firm is to discontinue BES--need a work around to continue using Blackberry
My Firm currently has Blackberry Enterprise Server, but I am advised that we will discontinue next year due to the fact only a handfull of BB users remain in the Firm (I made the argument that BB OS 10 is coming--no luck).
I am told by our IT Manager that I can continue to use my BB if the following can be done with the BB:
1. Due to security concerns if lost, it has to be able to be remotely shut down / wiped with no BES in place.
a. I think that Blackberry Protect accomplishes this. In fact, I understand that BB Protect is specifically for BIS (as opposed to BES).
b. Any guidance available?
2. The BB has to be able to "sync with Outlook Web access (owa)". I don't know that stuff.
a. Can anybody provide me with a step-by-step on how this is done?
Sorry to impose on your expertise, but if I don't give this IT department the easy step-by-step, they will not bother figuring it out for me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
03-06-2013, 08:29 PM #6
- 5,002 Posts
If your employer allows Microsoft Exchange Active Sync you could use a BlackBerry Z10. If all smartphones are BlackBerry and being phased out with no BYOD policy, you might be stuck with OWA on the BlackBerry Smartphone; you integrate like any account but you loose most synchronization capabilities.
Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
- By isoft7 in forum Business UsersReplies: 3Last Post: 10-31-2012, 03:53 AM
- By kriss76 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM
- By trev42088 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
- By alatrop in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
- By kphares in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 01-04-2008, 03:06 AM