Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Moving BES 5 server to new Exchange server

(So many posts about the B10, having to go old-school with this question).

I have a BES 5 server connected to an Exchange 2003 box. This weekend we are putting in a new network, including a different domain name and a new Exchange 2010 server. (It is a relatively small network, and we are just doing a wholesale change of hardware EXCEPT for the BES server).

Am I looking at a complete rebuild, or will it be possible to add the BES to the new domain, and adjust the Exchange server name somewhere?

If there are a bunch of registry changes, updates, etc. needed, I will just likely do a rebuild. However, if it isn't a super-big deal to move over, I will...
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTreo View Post
    (So many posts about the B10, having to go old-school with this question).

I have a BES 5 server connected to an Exchange 2003 box. This weekend we are putting in a new network, including a different domain name and a new Exchange 2010 server. (It is a relatively small network, and we are just doing a wholesale change of hardware EXCEPT for the BES server).

Am I looking at a complete rebuild, or will it be possible to add the BES to the new domain, and adjust the Exchange server name somewhere?

If there are a bunch of registry changes, updates, etc. needed, I will just likely do a rebuild. However, if it isn't a super-big deal to move over, I will...
    Accounts will be migrated to the new domain, or will these be completely different? Is the BESADMIN account going to migrate, will it have access to the new domain/server? Will this be the same Exchange forest or a different one?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...AD/td-p/946179

Take a look there, Knottyrope gives a great answer.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry User

Default Moving BES 5 server to new Exchange server

In blackberry server configuration you have to confirm your mapi profile can get to bees admin mailbox. After your migration of bees admin mailbox, change the cas server to new cas server. Everything should flow once you configure it with settings in this doc:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/..._962756_11.jsp

BES admin, BB lover