Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. MisterShark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Lync IM client for BB OS?

    I've been trying to find out if Lync IM client software is available for BB OS7 or earlier versions but have been going in internet circles with my searches.

    Our company is about to implement Lync and I've been tasked with finding is there is software available for the Lync chat client for various BlackBerry OSs.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #2  

    Default

    Lync (formerly "Microsoft Office Communicator") is available for BB. Check on the MS website for Office Communicator BlackBerry....

    If you can't find it, PM me and I may have an email-able version of the app. It works on our current setup at my firm.
  3. MisterShark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    Lync (formerly "Microsoft Office Communicator") is available for BB. Check on the MS website for Office Communicator BlackBerry....

    If you can't find it, PM me and I may have an email-able version of the app. It works on our current setup at my firm.
    jonty,

    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I searched on MS' site but found only some older forums stuff from 2008.
    Do you have BB OS7 devices in your environment that are up and running with the softwar that you mentioned? Are there older BB OS models (OS 5 & 6) that are also compatible with that client software or another version of it?
  4. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterShark View Post
    jonty,

    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I searched on MS' site but found only some older forums stuff from 2008.
    Do you have BB OS7 devices in your environment that are up and running with the softwar that you mentioned? Are there older BB OS models (OS 5 & 6) that are also compatible with that client software or another version of it?
    Sorry, it's actually on the BB website. Works with Lync Server 2010.

    Link to download: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...99C22B9CD91DDD

    Link to more info: http://us.blackberry.com/business/so.../software.html (scroll down to "Enterprise collaboration and instant messaging tools").

    I hope that helps. We support OS 4.5+. I'm on 7.1.
    Last edited by jonty12; 07-31-2012 at 10:01 AM.
  5. MisterShark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    We support OS 4.5+. I'm on 7.1.
    Thanks again for your input on this.
    So you're running the client software on your 9900/9930/9790/9850/9860/9810/9380/9350/9360/9370?
  6. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterShark View Post
    Thanks again for your input on this.
    So you're running the client software on your 9900/9930/9790/9850/9860/9810/9380/9350/9360/9370?
    I'm running it on my 9810 (it's still on my 8900 and 9800 as well). I have several colleagues running it on 99X0s, 9000s, 96XXs, etc.
  7. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #7  

    Default

    As an aside, we're running MS Office Communications Server 2007 R2 (Office Communicator v 3.5.6907.253)

    As mentioned, it says it supports Lync Server 2010.
  8. MisterShark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    jonty,

    One more question for you if you don't mind.
    What version of the BES are you running in your environment?
  9. Bruce Blumentritt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    The RIM page listed has clients for Lync Server 2010 v2.5 & 2.6. Our environment is Lync Server 2010 v4.0.
  10. AJ_BB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I do have the MS Lync2010 V4.0 and could not connect to it. Error: data service not available
  11. lurk_n_post_2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    137 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    When I upgraded on the desktop from communicator 2007 to Lync 2010, I could no longer connect using the 2007 client on my 9900. They had to downgrade my desktop back to 2007, and then it worked fine on the BlackBerry again.

    Posted via CB10

Posting Permissions