- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
looking for some HI-Avail config advice
Ive taken over a BES5.03 environment and it's rather large - setup is like this:
4 primary running all component services
4 failover all components installed
not using Singleton- console has URL for LB of 3 of the primary servers
Every afternoon, it takes upwards of 4 minutes to get into the console and still longer to do anything. I've installed this in a much smaller environment but larger than any one of these servers is running and I think there should be a much better way. I've been reading the docs again but I'm looking for a best practices or something for High Avail with this type of environment; any help with documentation appreciated.
- 03-06-13, 09:22 PM #4
The BlackBerry Technical Support Center (BTSC) has plenty of knowledge base articles. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc
Search terms: BES high availability configuration
Also read the BlackBerry English (EDIT: Enterprise) Server 5 Installation, Configuration and Administration manuals which can be downloaded from http://www.blackberry.com under Support and then Manuals.
Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
Last edited by kill_9; 03-08-13 at 10:26 AM.
- 03-07-13, 07:02 AM #6
Sounds like you have a resource issue with your VM guest servers and may need to upgrade the host servers. We been buying HP servers with two 16 core CPUs and loading them with the max RAM and using them as our VMWare host machines which works really well!
- By luckycharms_x in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 07-03-10, 03:38 PM
- By ZooBerry in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 15Last Post: 08-27-09, 01:09 AM
- By LVracerGT in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 05-31-09, 12:30 AM
- By GadgetGuru72 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 03-15-09, 11:47 AM
- By NickPampani in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-30-09, 04:27 AM