- CrackBerry Newbie
- 7 Posts
Full Exchange installed on BES server - can we remove safely?
Hi, newbie here! Just have a quick question..
We are currently running Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1.6 (I know, upgrade planned!), and our BES server currently has full blown Exchange 2003 installed (we are currently a 2007 environment), this is left over from our Exchange 2007 upgrade when we were migrating BES users. We are planning on upgrading to Exchange 2010 fairly soon but the pre-installation check of our environment has shown that the BES server is running Exchange 2003 and ideally we want to get rid of any Exchange 2003 servers before we attempt the upgrade (we just want to be left with Exchange 2007 servers).
Iím no BES expert, so could someone confirm whether or not BES requires a full blown Exchange install on the BES server or is it just the case that it needs to be able to access our Exchange environment via a MAPI connection and perhaps still need the Exchange Management Tools installed. If so, is it advisable for us to remove Exchange 2003 from our current BES server and just leave the Exchange Management Tools installed ? Is this likely to break BES in any way ?
Any advice welcome.
- 01-23-13, 09:17 AM #2
It is recommended that BES is NOT installed on an Exchange server - so you should be fine in removing the Exchange installation. As long as your BES is talking to your mailboxes on Exchange 2007, you should be good to go
- By lordmike in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-19-09, 11:46 AM
- By MaysBerry in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 2Last Post: 12-21-08, 03:26 AM
- By whitlecj in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-17-08, 01:45 PM
- By SSmokinJoe in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-04-08, 06:26 PM
- By bmistry in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-17-08, 09:22 PM