03-19-12 12:40 PM
- Hi All,
We're having a strange problem where emails are still showing on the Blackberry even after they have been moved to a PST.
Hard deletes has been enabled, as per btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13 140
The strange thing is, at a different client's site, different implementation of BESx but same configuration, emails moved to PST's are removed from the device, but at this clients site, emails moved to PST are not reconciled on the device.
The site that has the problem is on Exchange 2003 and BESx 5.0 and the site that works fine is on Exchange 2010 and BESx 5.0.
Does the version of Exchange have any bearing on the reconciliation behaviour of the Blackberry? Does this have anything to do with the version of the MAPI connector being used? (In both cases, the most recent MAPI connector)
We're really stumped and if anyone can point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Seriously stumped BES Admin12-05-11 02:37 AM
- This is an option that needs to be turned on from the BlackBerry server. Below are the instructions for the BES 5.0.2. But if this is not the one you are running, look up on Blackberry.com how to turn on Hard Deletes Reconciliation to True.
Turn on reconciliation for email messages that are hard deleted
Users can hard delete email messages in Microsoft Outlook and you can configure a BlackBerry Enterprise Server
to remove hard deleted messages from BlackBerry devices. If you turn on hard deletes reconciliation, the BlackBerry
Messaging Agent also deletes email messages from devices when users archive or move email messages to personal
folders in Microsoft Outlook. When you turn on reconciliation for hard deleted email messages, the BlackBerry
Messaging Agent uses recurring message scans to detect hard deleted email messages on the messaging server, and
then deletes the email messages from devices.
01-04-12 03:43 PM
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution
- topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view > Email.
- Click the instance that you want to change.
- Click Edit instance.
- On the Messaging tab, in the Messaging options section, in the Hard deletes reconciliation drop-down list, click
- Click Save all.
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Dispatcher, restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher.
I already said that Hard Deletes Reconciliation has been enabled.01-04-12 08:52 PM
- This is not possible. If you move a message from your Exchange inbox to a .pst file it will never leave your BlackBerry.
The workaround is to create a subfolder in your Exchange inbox called "to pst" or "filing" and move the message to this filing folder first and than move to the pst file.
If you have "hide filed messages" check in your message options, it will see this message as filed. And will hide from your BlackBerry messages.
Hope that helps.
Isaac01-05-12 10:29 PM
- I have the same thing happening to my users. I have Exchange 2003 and we just upgraded from BES 4 to BES 5.0.3. I have Hard Deletes enabled but it doesn't seem to matter. Whenever one of my users Shift+Deletes an item or moves it to our e-discovery solution (it takes the email out of the mailbox completely) before the regualar scheduled reconcile then the email stays on their Blackberry until they manually delete it off.03-19-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD