Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry shows email after being moved to PST

Hi All,

We're having a strange problem where emails are still showing on the Blackberry even after they have been moved to a PST.

Hard deletes has been enabled, as per btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13 140

The strange thing is, at a different client's site, different implementation of BESx but same configuration, emails moved to PST's are removed from the device, but at this clients site, emails moved to PST are not reconciled on the device.

The site that has the problem is on Exchange 2003 and BESx 5.0 and the site that works fine is on Exchange 2010 and BESx 5.0.

Does the version of Exchange have any bearing on the reconciliation behaviour of the Blackberry? Does this have anything to do with the version of the MAPI connector being used? (In both cases, the most recent MAPI connector)

We're really stumped and if anyone can point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Joel

Seriously stumped BES Admin
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

No one? =(
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Fix

This is an option that needs to be turned on from the BlackBerry server. Below are the instructions for the BES 5.0.2. But if this is not the one you are running, look up on Blackberry.com how to turn on Hard Deletes Reconciliation to True.

Turn on reconciliation for email messages that are hard deleted
    Users can hard delete email messages in Microsoft® Outlook® and you can configure a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
    to remove hard deleted messages from BlackBerry devices. If you turn on hard deletes reconciliation, the BlackBerry
    Messaging Agent also deletes email messages from devices when users archive or move email messages to personal
    folders in Microsoft Outlook. When you turn on reconciliation for hard deleted email messages, the BlackBerry
    Messaging Agent uses recurring message scans to detect hard deleted email messages on the messaging server, and
    then deletes the email messages from devices.
    1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution
    2. topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view > Email.
    3. Click the instance that you want to change.
    4. Click Edit instance.
    5. On the Messaging tab, in the Messaging options section, in the Hard deletes reconciliation drop-down list, click
    6. True.
    7. Click Save all.
    8. On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Dispatcher, restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by thompsonr View Post
    This is an option that needs to be turned on from the BlackBerry server. Below are the instructions for the BES 5.0.2. But if this is not the one you are running, look up on Blackberry.com how to turn on Hard Deletes Reconciliation to True.

[/LIST]

I already said that Hard Deletes Reconciliation has been enabled.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

This is not possible. If you move a message from your Exchange inbox to a .pst file it will never leave your BlackBerry.

The workaround is to create a subfolder in your Exchange inbox called "to pst" or "filing" and move the message to this filing folder first and than move to the pst file.

If you have "hide filed messages" check in your message options, it will see this message as filed. And will hide from your BlackBerry messages.

Hope that helps.

Isaac
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Yep, thats what I thought.

However, our clients swear that their sister company, which we set up as well, and has the exact configuration as their own can do this, we've checked and it seems to work.
    CrackBerry User

As an email admin, I have to ask why they want to move their email to a PST.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same thing happening to my users. I have Exchange 2003 and we just upgraded from BES 4 to BES 5.0.3. I have Hard Deletes enabled but it doesn't seem to matter. Whenever one of my users Shift+Deletes an item or moves it to our e-discovery solution (it takes the email out of the mailbox completely) before the regualar scheduled reconcile then the email stays on their Blackberry until they manually delete it off.