Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BES upgrade question

I am going to be upgrading my BES from 4.1 to 5.0.4...I am actually wanting to start completely fresh on a new server. My questions are....

How do I migrate users/Cals to the new server? Also, do you know which versions of SQL are supported with the new version of BES? We are a Novell Groupwise environment and currently using the free MYSQL for database functions on the current server. Any help will be greatly appreciated! I am the new admin for BES and desperately wanting to update.

Thank you!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Search the BlackBerry Technical Support Center (BTSC) for the terms 'bes compatibility matrix' and download the referenced PDF file.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry User

I echo what kill_9 said.. also if you have a service agreement... USE IT .. BB support guys/gals are SUPER nice and helpful.. if i remember correctly you get free install support.. (don't quote me)

It worked out great moving my BES to new hardware mostly because you can get a temp/new SRP, install new BES, then use the Transporter to move all your users over.. really really ease and my users never knew anything happened.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Migrating the SRP and CALs, depends when your BES4 is Enterprise Edition or Professional Edition. The user accounts can be migrated using BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter; migrate the first few accounts one-at-a-time to ensure that you understand the process and to make sure it will work. Then you can migrate user accounts in batches - limit batch size to 20 accounts to keep things manageable. I just realized you are using MySQL in the legacy environment. The BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter might not be compatible; you'd have to test whether BET can connect to MySQL.

If you have specific questions send me a PM.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10