Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dpeters11
  • 1 Post By Sith_Apprentice
  • 1 Post By dpeters11
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Thanked by:
    Sith_Apprentice (02-19-2013) 
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

As usual the workaround is either upgrade to MR2 or disable processing of the listed files with the vulnerability. Thanks for posting this.

What is interesting:

Affected Software

• BlackBerry ® Enterprise Server Express version 5.0.4 and earlier for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino
    • BlackBerry ® Enterprise Server version 5.0.4 and earlier for Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell Groupwise

Note: The affected software includes versions that are no longer supported. Visit the Software Support Lifecycle site for information about supported BES versions. See the Resolution section of this advisory for more information on upgrading to a supported version for which a security software update is available.

Non Affected Software

• BlackBerry ® Device Software
    • BlackBerry ® Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry ® Enterprise Server version 5.0.4 MR1 and later for Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell Groupwise
    • BlackBerry ® Enterprise Server Express version 5.0.4 (interim security update) and later for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino
    • BlackBerry ® Enterprise Service 10

Note: BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0.4. MR1 is no longer available. The current available software version for BlackBerry Enterprise Server is version 5.0.4 MR2.

~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (02-19-2013) 
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I actually started to install MR1, but the compatibility level of my database was wrong, then found it had been pulled when they found issues with it.

At least it's not another PDF vulnerability. I was getting tired of applying all those.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

I had no problems with MR1 but applied MR2 to stay current.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Nice to see BB being straight forward on these issues...... rather refreshing considering how many times to competition is not as forthcoming....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Does this also apply in BES 4.1.7 ?
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 & BlackBerry Bold 9000 - www.colibrimobile.com