CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    PIN
    234484B4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BES 5: AD Contacts without Mail addresses

Good day,

we are sitting with a somewhat strange problem. I don 't even really know how to begin describing it, so let me just start with the scenario.

We have a BES 5 (Version 5.0.2 MR1) running against a set of Exchange 2010 servers (with SP1) on an Active Directory environment. One of our directors complained that the contacts from his address book that were also on the company directory (i.e. Active Directory) were incomplete on his BlackBerry. Turns out they are all missing their e-mail addresses. We were somewhat flummoxed by this one and ran some tests. Turns out it happens like that for other users as well. It appears that the BES is pulling the info for known contacts out of the Active Directory, but for some odd reason it omits the contact's email address. This does not happen with contacts that are manually created and are not found on the AD.

Personally, I am stumped. Can anyone advise how to solve this issue?
    7290 --> 8310 --> 8900 --> 9700 --> 9800
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: BES 5: AD Contacts without Mail addresses

Have you found a fix or a reason for this? I am having the same issue. Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Load 5.0.3. There are some nasty bugs in 5.0.2 (for example, I couldn't add users without rebooting the server. Erratic message delivery. Incomplete sync. etc.)
    CrackBerry User

I would also make sure you are on the latest version of CDO as well.
    My hangout Drop by if you want.BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Rocking the Z10 and PlayBook 64 on the BES I maintain
    Follow me http://twitter.com/knottyrope