I'll just leave this here

Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry A Series specifications-series.jpg  
    07-15-13 01:19 PM
    Ooooh.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-15-13 01:20 PM
    wow even more goodies!
    07-15-13 01:20 PM
    Weird that the icons shown above are 4x4. Whereas on the video leak, they had 4x5 icons. Hmmm..

IqWaN likes this.
    07-15-13 01:22 PM
    Weird that the icons shown above are 4x4. Whereas on the video leak, they had 4x5 icons. Hmmm..

That's what I find sketchy as well, maybe since this was dated back in May, it's been updated?
    07-15-13 01:31 PM

Could be rendering VS the video being actual device, also could have been early in development before the OS was fully optimized. My guess would still be artist rendering.
    clvrbas likes this.
    07-15-13 01:33 PM
    nice find mmmmmmmm
    07-15-13 01:34 PM
    Nice find

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:37 PM
    9.7 Verizon? That could mean that there will be 2 variants of this device when it hits the market.
    nt300 likes this.
    07-15-13 01:38 PM

OP didnt stumble on this haha. Either works for BlackBerry or Verizon and got this in a slide deck. (Could also be a field trainer, they get these decks ahead of time as well, though usually closer to launch)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-15-13 01:39 PM
    I thought it was going to be a quad core CPU.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-15-13 01:44 PM
    No matter. I'm sold on processor, OLED, and all other features. This may be what I need to retire my PlayBook confidently. It's two inches shy of a proper replacement. I'm saving my pennies starting now!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:46 PM
    well not so happy at all ,sincere Blackberry should improve their phone specs to impress and get new costmers my opinion i was waitin for more ... but
    07-15-13 01:51 PM
    Does blackberry really believe that this will get people to ditch their os 7 and lower devices to move up to blackberry 10...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:57 PM
    Low cost specs. Sell phone for 750

BlackBerry hustling

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:58 PM
    DOA...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:58 PM
    One of the main issues with BlackBerry Java OS was screen fragmentation. BlackBerry has been very clear: all devices will be 720x720 and 720p (except the Z10, which is slightly different).

For sure, screen technology is improving, but improving doesn't always mean more pixels. You are very welcome to be frustrated if the screen isn't good - but just be frustrated by being 720 and not 1080 - come on!

For sure, camera technology is improving. But even a 21 Megapixel camera doesn't make a smartphone a great camera phone. What counts are the quality of the pictures you take with the phone. Nothing else. Beeing 5,8,13 Megapixel doesn't count!

Same goes with CPU, GPU, RAM - the numbers give you nothing! A BlackBerry flagship device should run smooth with a great UI and UX.

What BlackBerry doesn't need is a fragmented ecosystem - where some Apps run great on the flagship devices - okay on some others and very laggy on others.

So technically all apps have to be built for the Q5. BlackBerry can't release Apps for A10 only! That wouldn't make any sense! They should NOT start again to have different app builts for different devices (we have all seen the problems in the past)

BlackBerry isn't in a situation where they can concentrate on some flagship devices! They have to keep their eyes on the whole BlackBerry 10 device family.

Of course technically BlackBerry could built a octocore 2 Ghz, 4GB Ram, mega GPU 1080p device.

But with this device there will be some great Apps that run on the A10, but would never get on the Z10 or make it to the Z10 but are laggy! 3.000.000 pissed early adopters! Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:04 PM
    I've never been one that goes crazy with specs and all, if the phone runs well when you try it out that's good enough for me.

However, the two specs that get me are: Camera MP and Screen Resolution.

13MP is clearly the minimum now for flagship devices. I'm not a huge picture taker so it doesn't bother me, but for the average user when looking to buy a new phone SG4 has 13 and this has 8.

Screen resolution is a big mistake in my book. I think 720p is rather clear on my Z10 which has a quality pixel density at 356ppi, and people say that anything above 300-330 ppi and you can no longer tell the difference. But not even reach 300 ppi in today's market is unheard off for a flagship phone.

Is the 720 resolution really set in stone because of app development? If this is the case then BlackBerry needs to either seriously rethink this or they must have something else planned because if you want to release a mid to high end smartphone you have to have 1080p and as tech improves (as it always does) 1080p will fall to the mid range smartphone market and something will replace it. But if the problem is that the apps are not flexible to go from 720p to 1080p than BB needs to bite the bullet and change this now before the market picks up more momentum and has an increased app #, because not having 1080 in the near future will kill every phone they release, Q10 style phones aside.
    07-15-13 02:05 PM
    Good battery combined with Oled should be awesome. Doesn't need quad core at all. It's a niche product though for phablet enthusiasts. in my opinion a good addition to the team. I'm a slider fan myself though.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354
    SDTRMG and Blacklatino like this.
    07-15-13 02:09 PM
    This is pathetic...doesn't matter If BlackBerry 10 only *needs* a dual core... the avg person will think and does think that a quad core > dual core...and 720p? you kidding me? Same concept, just because you can't tell the difference between the 720 and 1080 doesn't change the fact everyone thinks 1080p is better. 8mp rear camera? Yeah that's 2011 specs

I'm sorry but there is NO reason anyone would want to switch to this from another platform. Ver dissapointed by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:10 PM
    One of the main issues with BlackBerry Java OS was screen fragmentation. BlackBerry has been very clear: all devices will be 720x720 and 720p (except the Z10, which is slightly different).
    For sure, screen technology is improving, but improving doesn't always mean more pixels. You are very welcome to be frustrated if the screen isn't good - but just be frustrated by being 720 and not 1080 - come on!
    For sure, camera technology is improving. But even a 21 Megapixel camera doesn't make a smartphone a great camera phone. What counts are the quality of the pictures you take with the phone. Nothing else. Beeing 5,8,13 Megapixel doesn't count!
    Same goes with CPU, GPU, RAM - the numbers give you nothing! A BlackBerry flagship device should run smooth with a great UI and UX.
    What BlackBerry doesn't need is a fragmented ecosystem - where some Apps run great on the flagship devices - okay on some others and very laggy on others.
    So technically all apps have to be built for the Q5. BlackBerry can't release Apps for A10 only! That wouldn't make any sense! They should NOT start again to have different app builts for different devices (we have all seen the problems in the past)
    BlackBerry isn't in a situation where they can concentrate on some flagship devices! They have to keep their eyes on the whole BlackBerry 10 device family.
    Of course technically BlackBerry could built a octocore 2 Ghz, 4GB Ram, mega GPU 1080p device.
    But with this device there will be some great Apps that run on the A10, but would never get on the Z10 or make it to the Z10 but are laggy! 3.000.000 pissed early adopters! Great idea!
    Posted via CB10
    While I completely understand what you are saying and agree to an extent. My issue comes with what about the future? Will we never have a 1080p phone from Blackberry? If that is the case then BB are taking a serious gamble on what they believe to be important because 3 million disappointed Z10 owners (including myself) would be better than disapponted/loss potential costumers of the next however many years becuase the screens aren't good enough now let alone in the future.

Unless of course BB is aiming to conquer the upper middle class of smartphones and not aim for the ultra highend (where SG4 and iP5/5s lie)
    07-15-13 02:14 PM
    Completely agree with thecurryman. This is not about reality. It is about perception. The perception is that BB is behind.
    07-15-13 02:16 PM
    This is pathetic...doesn't matter If BlackBerry 10 only *needs* a dual core... the avg person will think and does think that a quad core > dual core...and 720p? you kidding me? Same concept, just because you can't tell the difference between the 720 and 1080 doesn't change the fact everyone thinks 1080p is better. 8mp rear camera? Yeah that's 2011 specs

I'm sorry but there is NO reason anyone would want to switch to this from another platform. Ver dissapointed by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    +1 agree with you completely.

Yes we know that it doesn't matter if it's a dualcore or quad core..if it runs smooth on a dual core..there really Isin't a need to have a quad core. But most people today don't realize that..and those ppl are the ppl that will be buying the phones mostly..

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    ravenskman1 likes this.
    07-15-13 02:17 PM
    At some point 1080 is standard. Will BBRY keep saying no to 1080 because of fragmentation? The mobile market changes at lightning speed. Everyone has to adopt and the developers and BBRY are not immune to change.
    07-15-13 02:21 PM
    At some point 1080 is standard. Will BBRY keep saying no to 1080 because of fragmentation? The mobile market changes at lightning speed. Everyone has to adopt and the developers and BBRY are not immune to change.
    Preach!! BlackBerry needs to get with the times and make lazy developers do a tiny bit of tweaking to get their apps running on all devices

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:24 PM
181 123 ...