Just had all my data deleted after setting up the Blackberry desktop and trying to connect - I've read all the other posts that say it's just not being enteredcorrectly, but I definitely was putting the correct password in and it definitely only happened after I connected it to the desktop (I also disconnected it from the computer and tried to put it in). That has to be a bug. I'd just got a new blackberry and I'd put a security password on it but after losing all my photos, contact information and document I'm pretty keen for this not to happen again. (Blackberry, I've just gone from being a massive fan to being your least biggest fan)
    Is there away of removing the password from a Blackberry once it has been set? Thank you.
    05-30-16 04:28 PM
    You can't remove a device password by any other means than by disabling it after typing it in.

The one exception is typing it incorrectly 10 times and forcing a security wipe. Although at that point, BlackBerry Protect will require you to type in your current BBID in order to set your phone up again
    You can't remove a device password by any other means than by disabling it after typing it in.

The one exception is typing it incorrectly 10 times and forcing a security wipe. Although at that point, BlackBerry Protect will require you to type in your current BBID in order to set your phone up again
    05-30-16 04:39 PM
    Hello,

Thank you. I'll have a look for the disabling. I know that the majority of the forum responses have said that the password will only be rejected if it's typed in incorrectly but this really isn't the case. I typed mine in correctly. I've had my phone and password for about 3 years. I'd even just typed it in a few minutes before connecting it and that was fine. As with the other users who said that they hadn't had a problem until all of a sudden there was an issue; I'm afraid it really isn't as simple as entering the incorrect password 10 times. Thanks for the advice though.
    05-30-16 04:56 PM
    Disabled. Thank you. Not risking that again.
    05-30-16 04:58 PM