Hi All!

I am hoping such as crowd of big brains can helps me. The saga is below:

I bought a personal 9720 on Vodafone in the UK. Subsequently I took a new contract as I'd like to be using it as a work phone and email machine. When I changed the contract I asked for BES, but I believe the shop assistant messed up and did BIS. I have asked Vodafone to fix this, and they say they have.

I may have inadvertently deleted the email service book along the way of trying to get it to work.

Having spoken with Vodafone technical team about 5 times, they always say they have now fixed it, and a hard reset will see the new service book / option on setting up email work once more, and allow me to connect to BES, but you guessed it, it is not fixed!

Is there a way to add a BES email service book direct via download or some such fix.

Many thanks guys!

John
    08-05-14 02:55 PM
    If you have a BES account... did your BES Admin give you a logon? I know when I was on BES I could logon and resend my books along with making changes to which email folder showed up on my devices.

Ask your BES Administrator at work for a logon or for him to resend the service books. (you do have a BES Server that you are connecting to at work...)
    08-05-14 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the post.

He has been on the line with me. Its a Vodafone issue, in so far as they need to send a service book down to the handset. I have the email and p/w from my administrator, and that side is all ready to go. He like me is frustrated...

John
    08-05-14 03:14 PM
    Wipe the device and activate it against BES. You could consider using "loader.exe /resettofactory" which is the only way to bring the device 100% back to defaults.

Service books are sent from the BES during activation (when the dispay shows "Waiting for service books").

If you are not convinced the SIM is correctly provisioned, borrow a SIM from a co-worker and test with that. You can activate with one SIM and change to another subsequently.
    08-19-14 12:31 PM
    If your problem is that you can't see the Enterprise Activation option in Advanced Settings, try downloading the Enterprise Activation app from BlackBerry World instead and activating that way.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    09-07-14 01:11 AM