Ok, this is my first theme and frankly I think Im in over my head. It seems to work fine for me which in all reality is what I was shooting for, but there seems to be something missing. Or something seems off in the Theme.

Could a couple of you guys load it up and then tell me what you think? advise for what needs changed?

The icons are not hard coded, simply rearrange the order on the Main icon screen and the first five will show up on the home screen.

Just please no "this theme sucks" comments. If you do put that I expect to also read WHY it sucks. But tell me why.

Ok? thanks.

Built with Plazmic 4.6 on an 8830 running 4.5.0.77
    dimasraditya likes this.
    10-21-08 03:58 PM
    No link for download. Plus u should include some screen shots so people can see what they are about to download before they do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 01:15 PM
    VERY generic, it uses the very much overused Bold iconset and the banner is far too cluttered.
    11-09-08 02:24 PM
    Icons are a bit blurry and the font on the Menus and button choices looks a bit small for the fields it tries to fill. But overall, for your first theme, if you're happy with it, then it's good for you. They can only get better... right?
    11-09-08 04:11 PM
    i like the icons but the 3d pic is blurry and doesnt look good
    02-24-09 09:43 AM
    sounds like a solid idea to me
    02-24-09 01:13 PM
    If you made the icons glow, that would be cool.
    04-22-09 01:47 PM
    i have the same wallpaper on my screen too i found it on ewallpaper.eu. looks good to me
    07-11-09 05:57 AM
    I like the idea and there is some wisdom of typography that you could benefit from.

For example, multiple hierarchies can exist between normal, bold and caps. However, if you use these three styles together then you use them as i) normal ii) bold iii) bold + caps. If you mix bold and caps separately then the hierarchy is confused. Colour also adds confusion to hierarchy and the guidelines are more complicated, which is why mono-colour designs tend to be more successful.

Spacing is another issue. One approach is to say that the horizontal distance between words would match the vertical space between lines. The space between lines is measured as the space between the bottom of descenders and the top of ascenders. However, the best approach is to try out lots of subtle variations with different fonts in the intended colours. Some fonts are designed for monitors and others are intended for printed paper, so its a good idea to read the history of your favourite fonts. The smallest readable font on an LCD screen is actually 3 pixels. typophile dot com is a good place to learn more.

Icon sets are alphabets, and you can use the tutorials on that same site to devastating effect. With some practice, you won't need to copy BlackBerry icons because they were not well designed to begin with.

Please concentrate on the strengths of your theme and remove anything that detracts from them.

It's a good theme. There seems to be a technical error in the positioning of the flashed backlight for icons on the dock, or if it's meant to look like a horizontal motion blur then maybe the shape is a little off. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by flop; 11-06-09 at 10:38 PM.
    11-06-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD