I have a phantom email message acording to my BB. It is indicating that I have an unread message at the top of my screen next to the signal strength thing. There is not an unread message anywhere.
    I am thinking a battery pull will fix this but I'm scared. Do you loss anything if you pull the battery?

Thank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-07 08:56 PM
    Try a battery pull. If that doesn't work, do a search for message count you will find several threads. Usually a battery pull will work, but there are some other things you can try if it doesn't.

[edit]No, you don't lose anything when you bat pull. If you are experiencing anything weird with your device, you should always do a battery pull before trying anything else. It will fix it most of the time.
    10-16-07 09:04 PM
    I have a phantom email message acording to my BB. It is indicating that I have an unread message at the top of my screen next to the signal strength thing. There is not an unread message anywhere.
    I am thinking a battery pull will fix this but I'm scared. Do you loss anything if you pull the battery?

Thank

bravo--

I usually have this happen to me when I save a message without reading it first. When I go to saved messages and open it, the message icon goes away. Just a thought.

John
    10-16-07 09:07 PM
    It's almost certainly a saved message. This drove me NUTS for a week when I couldn't figure it out. Do a search!
    10-16-07 09:18 PM
    Did the battery pull work or was it a saved message?

10-16-07 09:46 PM
    It was a saved message. Thanks so much. I don't think I would have come up with that one, I didn't know I had any saved messages.

Thank you, thank you.
    10-17-07 07:35 AM
    Great !
    Welcome to CB and visit often you would learn lots more
    10-17-07 07:50 AM
    You people ROCK!!!
    You've saved my sanity.
    I've had 2 phantom emails for no joke like 4 months.
    I'm so glad you mentioned saved messages.
    Who knew?
    Anyway, thanks again!
    10-31-07 10:48 PM
    Where are the saved messages located>
    07-13-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD