Last nite I got a no battery power message on my 8830 and it shut itself off. Now plugged into charger but not seeming to charge. Get a steady red light and black screen. No change pushing power button or doing battery pull. Anyway to know if the battery is shot (believable) or whether I've another problem like a corrupt OS? Arghhhhhh!
    Thanks
    10-12-08 05:00 AM
    If the phon eis under warranty, take it back to the Verizon store and get a replacement. At least, have them try a different battery in your phone.

Also swich BlackBerry wall chargers to seee if the charger has given up. Use either a BlackBerry or a Motorla charger. These are the only makes that work reliably with BlackBerry phones.

Once the hardware side is eliminated then we can look at sofware remedies if needed.
    10-12-08 05:21 AM
    If the phon eis under warranty, take it back to the Verizon store and get a replacement. At least, have them try a different battery in your phone.

Not under warranty.

Also swich BlackBerry wall chargers to seee if the charger has given up. Use either a BlackBerry or a Motorla charger. These are the only makes that work reliably with BlackBerry phones.

Tried it on laptop connection - same result - all original chargers/connectors....

Once the hardware side is eliminated then we can look at sofware remedies if needed.
    UH - OH !!
    10-12-08 08:13 AM
    Could be either.
    10-12-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD