Does anyone know why my phone will not turn on when i push the power button? Am i doing something wrong?
    02-11-08 05:26 PM
    Are you using the red telephone button?
    02-11-08 05:30 PM
    no, the one at the top that looks like (-
    02-11-08 05:34 PM
    Did you check to see if the battery is connected okay? Does the battery have charge it in? Try plugging it in?
    02-11-08 05:35 PM
    yes, it should be fully charged. The red light is on steady. About every 20 seconds or so, it will blink once.
    02-11-08 05:38 PM
    This may sound silly but do a battey pull, wait ten seconds and put it back in. Hopefully that will work, if not, and if you can't get a working answer, take it back to where you bought it and ask them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 05:57 PM
    Putting the battery back in will trigger the device to turn on automatically. DON'T HIT THE NON-EXISTANT POWER BUTTON ON TOP OF THE PHONE.

Blackberries don't turn off and they don't have Power Buttons. They are like Terminators... you must pull the battery or the CPU.
    02-11-08 11:09 PM
    Just a correction, blackberries do "turn off" there is an option to "turn power off"

02-11-08 11:13 PM
    Just a correction, blackberries do "turn off" there is an option to "turn power off"

Keep telling yourself that. If you think a Blackberry will turn off as in "no internal logic working" when you turn them off via the Menu Option, turn yours off and then plug it into power.... smile as the LED blinks at you.
    02-11-08 11:15 PM
    What is the button at the top left on my 8830? It is probably off like my TV which has a remote that can wake it up again but it is doing minimal processing, keeping time, maybe some other functions (does the Calendar alert while "off"?). I just used the button and the screen said something about OFF. And when I dial my phone, I immediately got a voice mail intercept. That's off enough for me.
    02-12-08 12:13 AM
    What is the button at the top left on my 8830? It is probably off like my TV which has a remote that can wake it up again but it is doing minimal processing, keeping time, maybe some other functions (does the Calendar alert while "off"?). I just used the button and the screen said something about OFF. And when I dial my phone, I immediately got a voice mail intercept. That's off enough for me.
    Yeah, it is pretty much off. It will come on for your alarm and stuff.
    02-12-08 03:21 AM
    Let me put this another way. When you want to make sure no one can use your cell phone signal to find you (as in the cops or otherwise), make sure you take the battery out. Anything else and you're rolling the dice. The BB will go into several "Stand-By" modes via its several ways of turing it off or putting it in standby, none of which truly turn it off. This is the number one reason why people are so surprised by how a battery pull can fix so many instabilities of these phones. They just don't get it that it's the only way to truly power off, clear processing RAM, and reboot the OS because they kept trying to turn it off in other ways.
    02-12-08 07:44 AM
    Make sure the connections for the battery are clean. If something got in the way, it might be keeping it from making a full connection.

-Dennis
    02-12-08 02:43 PM
    Dennis - that is a great suggestion! We all get so hung up with battery pulls and 'does it turn OFF' that we neglected to think about BASIC ELECTRONICS! It won't work without a full + to - circuit...

02-12-08 05:56 PM
    my blackberry has crash and it won't turn on..!! does anyone have any advice?
    01-01-13 01:19 PM
    Go to the BB forms they will help you straight away, if it can live they will. Help you they rock.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD