I couldn't find this answer anywhere and maybe it is a stupid question but can I get windows media player files to work on the BB? I basically would like to watch some of the files that come over through email.

Thanks in advance
    03-14-08 12:54 AM
    Easiest way is to use the Roxio Media manager in Desktop Manager to move them to the BB. Roxio will convert them automatically.
    03-14-08 12:59 AM
    Thanks I didn't even think about that.
    03-15-08 09:44 PM
    Easiest way is to use the Roxio Media manager in Desktop Manager to move them to the BB. Roxio will convert them automatically.
    I am trying to do this right now, it is asking me if I want to copy the file with no conversion, yet, when I moved it over previously it told me that it was an unreadable file. How do I get it to convert to the readable file?

msblueline
    03-20-08 02:23 PM
    Try both ways. Its the luck of the draw really. I just use Super C to convert all my video files to avoid a headache.
    03-20-08 02:31 PM
    It was going to allow it. It stated Convert for obtimal viewing. I thought... Gold mine.

Boy was I wrong... More like fools gold.

It said that it was copyrighted, therefore, it would not allow it.

It is a digital version that I had the key for. It came with the DVD, and it said "enjoy your digital version" yeah right!

I put it on my computer with the copyright key, but it will not put it on my BB... Guess I am out of luck on this one.

msblueline
    03-20-08 03:26 PM
    Ultra Mobile 3gp Converter works for me except for ripping DVD's that will require a different program..

And files over 5MB cannot be utilized anyways if they come via email or websites..they need to be transferred via desktop manager.
    03-20-08 03:34 PM
    It was going to allow it. It stated Convert for obtimal viewing. I thought... Gold mine.

Boy was I wrong... More like fools gold.

It said that it was copyrighted, therefore, it would not allow it.

It is a digital version that I had the key for. It came with the DVD, and it said "enjoy your digital version" yeah right!

I put it on my computer with the copyright key, but it will not put it on my BB... Guess I am out of luck on this one.

msblueline
    The coversion didn't work because the file has DRM (Digital Rights Management) on it. Strip the DRM from it and then it'll convert just fine.
    03-20-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD