My 8830WE sometimes seems to get stuck in a loop I guess and the hourglass keeps "blinking" on and off. Does anyone know what is causing this? It is fixed bt a battery pull but its a hassle.
    Thanks!
    Karen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 08:53 AM
    Low memory? How much memory do you have free? How many applications do you have installed?

A battery pull fixing it suggests that your device is low on memory, and pulling the battery is freeing up some, until it leaks to the point where it is too low again.
    05-16-08 08:55 AM
    Messed up JavaScripts on the BB Browser will cause this, even after you close the browser. Visiting the standard crackberry site form the BB will cause this every single time.
    05-16-08 09:52 AM
    Low memory? How much memory do you have free? How many applications do you have installed?

A battery pull fixing it suggests that your device is low on memory, and pulling the battery is freeing up some, until it leaks to the point where it is too low again.
    1367856bytes under file free.......
    05-18-08 01:34 AM
    yes, you have VERY low free memory.

Its recommended to have 10,000,000 file free,

Its like nearly filling up the HDD on your PC, it will run slow.

Check the Optimize thread in my sig, it will lead you in the right direction.
    05-18-08 01:54 AM

its kinda frustrating to hv this problem all the time!!!
    05-18-08 02:10 AM
    i hv 13,297,372 bytes..... i left off 1 digit earlier....13M free
    05-18-08 02:14 AM
    It is possible that you've too many Apps running at the same time.
    Menu - Menu - scroll to 'switch apications' - click. This will show how many Apps are running at the same time, normally there should be 5 Apps showing. A good habit is to use the Menu key to close an Apps instead of the return key. This way they are close for certain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 07:28 AM
    The browser causes it most of the time. CLose the browser. If that doesn't work (likely won't), pull the battery, then don't go back to that site on your bberry.
    05-18-08 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD