I just downloaded the new device software because I was having problems. Now I see that when I am on a call there is no counter to tell me how many minutes/seconds I am on the call . Does anyone know how to get this important feature back?
    04-05-09 03:50 PM
    Call Timer not on 4.5 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 06:27 PM
    I have the 4.5 OS on my phone and my call timer is there when I make or receive a phone call that's odd it wouldn't be on yours.

04-06-09 05:16 AM
    4.5.0.127 still has the timer....

.135 and .138 sound like they don't
    04-06-09 07:51 AM
    This is true, .135 and .138 do not.

04-06-09 12:03 PM
    Most likely it's because you're on Sprint, as I am. Call timer has disappeared, but it sounds like if you're using .135 and on Verizon, you still have it.
    04-06-09 01:01 PM
    4.5.135 does not have a call timer but i found out by accident that if you go into your media section while on the phone and click on pictures on the top left you will see the call timer! pretty nifty
    04-08-09 09:33 PM
    4.5.135 does not have a call timer but i found out by accident that if you go into your media section while on the phone and click on pictures on the top left you will see the call timer! pretty nifty
    Aaaahahaha that's effing awesome. Confirmed that this works on 4.5.308 (From BB, though carrier is VZ). And for all of you that don't know why one would need to know the call timer, it helps to have something to shout at the awful do-nothing Yahoo Small Business reps when they finally get to your call after >45 minutes on hold. Also, it's plenty useful for those of us who bill phone hours
    04-20-09 11:52 AM
    4.5.0.138 and no timer on Alltel 8830... Bummer... Nice to know how much time I'm burning up talking to the GF...

04-20-09 02:01 PM
    4.5.0.138 and no timer on Alltel 8830... Bummer... Nice to know how much time I'm burning up talking to the GF...

Go to the call log, menu, history.
    Otherwise look at your bill
    04-20-09 02:47 PM
    I have unlimited minutes, so its just my umm, "escape" button haha... "We've been talking an hour, where has the time gone honey?". Hahaha...

04-20-09 02:54 PM
    Go to the call log, menu, history.
    Otherwise look at your bill

Call log > menu > history. Yep.

Not sure why people are all bent out of shape with the absence of it from the active call screen.

Oh well...
    04-20-09 03:41 PM
    Because.. That's why hehe...

Actually, it's a basic feature on the simplest phones. Seems silly they'd leave it out in a new OS build.

And while you're on a call, it's hard to go through the steps in the call menu.
    04-20-09 03:49 PM
    I wasn't referring to doing it while on a phone call.

I've just never known of people that actually look at the call timer when present (on any phone). This forum is introducing me to all types of new people. I honestly didn't even know there was one until I came across this thread. Go figure.

I guess it seems like a rather trivial thing to remove from an os iteration, but I'm sure there was a reason, however odd it may have been.
    04-20-09 05:37 PM
    When i'm talking to someone and i hang up with them i take a quick glance at the screen and say "damn, she talked about nothing for 45min"
    04-20-09 05:40 PM
    When i'm talking to someone and i hang up with them i take a quick glance at the screen and say "damn, she talked about nothing for 45min"
    I like how you start by saying "talking to someone" and you end it with "damn, she talked..."

made me chuckle.
    04-20-09 05:43 PM
    Exactly, haha...
    04-20-09 05:56 PM
    Or when your on hold for something and you want to ***** at them for being on hold for so many minutes. What am i supposed to do? Look at my watch? Or the clock in my car? Or the clock on the wall? Or the microwave? Or the Oven? Or my Laptop? HAHA, but seriously it's annoying!
    04-21-09 08:11 AM
    I'm sure it will come back on future releases. But, there a lot of other lil' things left out of BB's they need to fix as well so we don't have to buy so many simple apps to make them as usable phone wise as simple dumb phones often are.

04-21-09 09:51 AM
    This is true
    04-21-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD