I just got the 8830 a few days ago and it had the battery icon in the upper right corner.. and now it doesn't.. occasionally a red arrow will flash.. I assume to let me know I'm using the battery up..

But I want that battery icon back!

Also, the green light only flashes when I'm charging it when the BB is turned off.. when it's on there's no green light or a battery icon so it doesn't even look like its charging...

????
    Thanks
    08-06-07 11:36 PM
    Do a battery pull (take the battery out, while the device is on), and see what happens. Also, when charging, are you charging from the wall, or pc? If from the PC, make sure the software, Desktop Manager, is installed...
    08-07-07 06:41 AM
    The battery pull thing worked for the icon.. however the green light still doesn't come on at all when it's on and charging.. only when it's off. It's plugged into the wall, not the PC.. Hmm..
    08-07-07 02:22 PM
    Go to options / screen & keyboard / light coverage indicator / turn it off, save, then turn it on save, then do a battery pull...

Ok, now what happened?
    08-07-07 02:34 PM
    I just got the 8830 a few days ago and it had the battery icon in the upper right corner.. and now it doesn't.. occasionally a red arrow will flash.. I assume to let me know I'm using the battery up..

But I want that battery icon back!

Also, the green light only flashes when I'm charging it when the BB is turned off.. when it's on there's no green light or a battery icon so it doesn't even look like its charging...

????
    Thanks
    Open "Options"
    Click on "Screen/Keyboard"
    Check that the "LED Coverage Indicator" is turned on.

I don't think this has anything to do with charging it is the reception indicator, but I have always had it turned off and I have never seen my phone blink while charging.
    08-07-07 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD