I have an 8830. In the top right corner, there is a red LED light that blinks inconsistently. I was wondering what that light is supposed to signify and if it is normal for it to blink on and off in a non-patterned way.
    02-27-08 11:02 AM
    Red means you have a message of some sort. Are you sure all of your e-mail and SMS messages are marked as read? Also it would blink if you have any missed calls or voicemails.
    02-27-08 11:04 AM
    02-27-08 11:12 AM
    He said it's a RED light, not the green one.
    02-27-08 11:17 AM
    My light blinks red when I have some type of message.

vm, sms, etc.
    02-27-08 11:29 AM
    He said it's a RED light, not the green one.
    You didn't read the article far down enough. Below the instructions it gives to turn off the LED coverage indicator it explains what the blinking red, green, blue, and yellow colors mean.
    Last edited by sunkast; 02-27-08 at 11:38 AM.
    02-27-08 11:36 AM
    You didn't read the article far down enough. Below the instructions it gives to turn off the LED coverage indicator it explains what the blinking red, green, blue, and yellow colors mean.
    My fault, I thought that was only in the Basic BB controls 101.
    02-27-08 11:57 AM
    Ah, that helped a lot. Thanks for the info everyone!
    02-27-08 02:41 PM
    What the heck ! you honestly believe that a red flashing light on a damage phone means there is unread messages ???? now many people that have damages phones which don't boot up with see all sorts of behavior from there red light; since messages can only be written, read and received and sent thought the OS then how can your reply be helpful ??? I am looking into the meaning of the many many many different flashes, some of these are faster and some are slowly, if there where as you say (text,sms, email) then the speed and flash would always be the same. now the flashing during the start up slows in the same way that you can see the behavior of the processor during the booting of the phone/device, I myself I am still researching this.
    11-28-12 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD