So i had some problems with my bb's usb port so verizon sent me a new one... my question is should i put the old os back on the old phone that i am sending back or leave 4.5?!? i dont want to be charged $$$ for the phone so I dont know what to do. Does anyone know what I should do whether or not to leave 4.5 on there when i send the old phone back?
    09-26-08 04:06 AM
    Putting the old OS back on is the most risk free (if there is a risk) option. That is unless the busted USB port could cause you problems during the downgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 06:16 AM
    The closer you can set it back to how you got it from them in the first place, the less chance of having any issues on the return. I've sent phones back with upgraded OS's and so far haven't had a problem, but I'd rather err on the side of safety. Besides... it would be good practice.
    09-26-08 06:26 AM
    i would try to downgrade back to the stock or latest OEM O.S. just so there are no questions asked, never know.... they may try to blame you for the replacement and charge you. "REAL TECHS" no that installing software wont "RUIN" the phone.
    09-28-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD