Hello all,

I am a new Blackberry user (I think I am already addicted and will never return to the dark side!). I have had my 8830 for about 2 weeks now and everyday and finding something new. Today I was on the mobile web and was trying to download a wallpaper from the crackberry website, the timer came up and just kept running and running, I closed out of the web and it still kept running. I turned of the phone and took out the battery, when I put it back it still kept running. I hit the end key a few times and finally the main screen came back but all of my calendar information was deleted.

What did I do? Does taking out the battery erase the calendar? I will be back in work on Tuesday to re-sync it, but is there something I can do from home to restore it?

Thank you all, what a crazy blackberry world this is!
    Missy B.
    03-08-08 09:27 AM
    If you used Outlook to sync calender, and you don't have Outlook at home, Then you have to wait.
    03-08-08 10:42 AM
    Never turn off the BB when you do a battery pull, otherwise it won't do a proper reset to clear up the locked up app or network connection.

However, your lost data issues are probably because you're out of onboard memory. Check under Options and Status and see File Free. If it's low, the phone will delete user info to gain more memory for functions. You really need to get a memory card to put pics/wallpapers/ringtones on rather then the local memory. Also, go under Options/Applications and uninstall Demo Video and all the languages you don't use to free up some more room for the time being.
    03-08-08 03:35 PM
    I don't think it is a memory problem. I just lost all my calendar entries. I keep my file free around 15. Last night I went through and deleted e-mails, address book contacts, messenger contacts, boolmarks, and invalid e-mail account. I have optimised file free almost a year ago. Had no problems till now. My phone did lock up a couple of times while trying to delete an e-mail account and I had to do a battery pull.
    So now I have to input all entries back onto my calendar for he next year(yes just about everyday). And no I didn't do a back up or have contacts on outlook. =8'(. Now I will back up and maybe sync with outlook.
    10-15-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD