I done some looking but did not notice anything that pops out at me.

I hear a very, very low beep at or very near the hour coming from my 8830. I don't recall seeing any "hourly chime" setting nor do I recall setting such a thing. I checked BBWeather to see if it were doing something when it refreshes but does not appear to be the issue and besides I CLOSED it.

So, where have I failed to look?

Thanks in advance.
    01-30-08 10:01 AM
    battery low...

The 8830 WE nor any bb with out 3rd party apps has a hour chime....
    01-30-08 10:05 AM
    Battery is fine. Well, at least, the indicator seems to show FINE. I will try to listen again at 10am.....
    01-30-08 11:31 AM
    I take it you're not on a call or something when this happens?

Could it be GPS related?
    01-30-08 11:37 AM
    Not on a call. Just lying on my desk (it is so low in volume that I barely hear ONE BEEP).

And I would love some aspect of the gps to be alive (I do NOT subscribe to the Verizon add-on for gps).

I looked at calendar, tasks, messenger, alarm clock, bbweather, and did not see anything.

Thanks for the reply.
    01-30-08 03:01 PM
    are you sure its coming from the bb? its is possible that it might be ...say a low battery on your smoke alarm.

no joke--I went crazy looking for one of our phones beeping once every so often for a missed call or something and it turned out to be the smoke alarm.

so I'm no help, but it reminded me of my silly story.
    01-30-08 03:21 PM
    Your highness (or whatever). No, it did occur to me that it might be something else but I think that I also heard it at work. It is minor and unless I'm paying attention.....

But your smoke alarm story is probably parallelled by many of us. And why does the battery always die in the middle of the night! But this is too regular - I think on the hour (my desk clock shows xx:58)

Ah, well, how much power can it be using???
    01-30-08 04:28 PM
    Do you have Black & Whitelist installed? A little program I downloaded from the BC store. I like it. Everytime it blocks a call I get a little beep like you are describing. Your problem sounds like it is on the hour, my suggestion would be more random. Just a thought
    02-01-08 10:11 AM
    I am having the same problem. Blackberry Bold just started to beep at about 4 minutes past the hour, every hour. It is one short beep. I have searched everywhere to find a solution. And yes, it is coming from the Blackberry! Does anyone have any thoughts.

John
    02-20-09 08:23 PM
    I believe my issue was resolved and associated with WeatherBug warnings. They have dozens of warning types and there can be visual as well as beeping warnings.
    02-20-09 09:14 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Torch. At one minute to the hour, every hour, my BB does an email alert. It's really annoying. 1:59, 2:59, 3:59 etc.

I have completely wiped and restarted my Blackberry and the only third party app I have installed is Facebook.

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?
    01-21-11 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD