OK, Is there a setting to make the screen wake up when a call or email is coming in?

Or Must I press the power button or the track ball each time to see what the BB is telling me is coming in?

I know that I can set the notification to different sounds but they are all so puny that I have used the calypso notification for everything.

I went to the recommended link for other sounds but they are all too quiet to hear in a normal (car, office) environment. (Just try to hear the '24' ring in your car)

Thanks, Brian
    10-13-07 09:40 PM
    forreal!!! i hella want the screen to show up when i get something..
    10-14-07 08:38 PM
    Well to answer your question, no. When you get a call the screen should "wake up" by default.

The only way we know mail is coming in is by looking at the status light.
    10-14-07 10:16 PM
    Well to answer your question, no. When you get a call the screen should "wake up" by default.

The only way we know mail is coming in is by looking at the status light.
    I can't see the light when it is on my hip or in the case or when I have it just sitting on the desk unless I just stare at it. Then I might get phantom illumination

I can't hear it and now I must just stare at it. I need a life.
    10-14-07 10:33 PM
    If you're receiving calls, and the screen is NOT coming on, something is wrong. So, go to options / screen & keyboard, and check your settings.

Did it EVER come on when you received a call? If not, might be a hardware issue, and needs to be replaced. If yes, then a battery pull (while the device is ON!) should resolve it...
    10-15-07 03:55 AM
    Screen comes on by default on calls, but not sms or email or any other type of data. You can edit your sound profile to not mute the alerts for email. By default they are muted. You can change that to be anyone of the ringtones on the phone, an mp3, or whatever you want. However, it's going to be real anoying in the middle of the night when you get emails in, especially if you tend to get a lot of emails all the time.
    10-17-07 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD