Hello,

I am having trouble pairing my phone. When the phone searches for new BT devices, it does not find anything, even if the other device is in pairing mode. However when the other device looks for and sends a request to the BB, I can pair that way.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    02-17-09 06:13 PM
    Well, you are using a Beta version. There is now an official version from Bell which quite a few people have installed. I don't know if it will address your issue or not.
    02-17-09 07:10 PM
    Thanks. Do you know whether or not that official version works on Verizon?
    02-17-09 07:15 PM
    It does if you remove the vendor.xml.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 08:35 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Just to be clear that I am not missing something...

When you go to pair with a new device, the BB prompts you whether or not you want to search for new devices. You reply yes. The phone then identifies the new device (assuming it is in pairing mode). You then select that device from the list and follow the prompts. Right?

Has anybody tried pairing devices in the new OS? Are we sure that works right?
    02-18-09 08:31 AM
    Actually, I have NOT tried any new pairing. But to some extent, I was surprised after I had to wipe the phone that all of my old pairings were still there after a restore. ( I only did the wipe because I was thinking my media card lock ups were caused by an old application)

I do notice that when you go into the Bluetooth setup icon, it no longer just immediately starts a search. Rather it asks and allows a cancel.
    02-18-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD