Yesterday morning my VZ Navigator stopped working. When trying to calculate a route it would go through the motions of requesting the data but then would error out with a could not process request[2004]. Tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it with no luck. Now it wont even get past the splash screen. OS version 4.5.0.77 which i have been running for over a month with no problems other than VZ navigator having random issues. Previously it would have issues trying to calculate detours or tell me to restart the program. Bottom line is i think that I had all of the same issues with Navigator since before the OS upgrade and I am paying 9.99 a month for a crap program that is worthless. Verizon doesn't have a clue what the 2004 error code is.
    11-08-08 10:32 AM
    I used to get that too. Had to reinstall each time, if that's not working for you, maybe just try google maps and save the money, that's what I did.
    11-08-08 11:18 AM
    problem is the locked gps thanks verizon.
    11-08-08 03:55 PM
    problem is the locked gps thanks verizon.
    How can that be the problem? YOU'RE USING VZNAVIGATOR!!!
    11-08-08 06:42 PM
    How can that be the problem? YOU'RE USING VZNAVIGATOR!!!
    The problem is with VZNAVIGATOR is won't pass the fist splash screen. So right now the program is worthless and all verizon wants to do is replace the phone. There is nothing wrong with my phone. The problem is on their end with a setting somewhere. I don't want to reload this phone all over again I have it the way that I want it now.
    11-08-08 11:17 PM
    Uninstall the program. Pull the battery. Install VZNav back on. Pull the battery. Then try it again.
    11-08-08 11:20 PM
    Uninstall the program. Pull the battery. Install VZNav back on. Pull the battery. Then try it again.
    Same results. Even left the battery out for 30 seconds each time. Tried resending the service books, and *228. The only real event that has happend since the 3 days ago now that I have used the nav is my phone bill came out.
    11-08-08 11:50 PM
    This is a problem with either the program running on your BB or provisioning on your account, but I'd wager to say it's the program. Do this next. Run Desktop Manager and backup your entire BB manually. Then do a wipe from the Options/Security, Menu/Wipe on the BB and let it wipe all your info. Then when it comes back up, restore your info from the backup you just made. Then reregister the BB on the network (if needed - check your service books first to see if they are missing). Then reinstall VZNav and try again.

Also, what version of VZNav are you running. There was a few posts a couple of months ago when 4.5 leaked and people were loading it up that VZNav of a certain version didn't work with it. Check that and post it here if the above doesn't work. Again, something software related is causing this on your BB, not hardware related.

Oh yeah, obviously make sure your GPS is set to Location On before you start VZNav, but I'm sure you didn't overlook that since you've used it before, but check the setting anyway.

BTW, you didn't by any chance mess with the TCP (APN settings) in Options/Advanced recently did you? If so, that's what's causing this issue most likely. Messing with that settings will botch TCP connectivity from 3rd party apps on a CDMA BB. Programs like Opera VZNav, etc. will have problems connecting to request data... yes, even if you return the TCP settings back to blank defaults. Once messed with, it's botched and only a wipe and restore (like I posted above) will fix this.
    11-09-08 12:27 PM
    Never messed with the TCP settings. Figured that was something for the BES guys. I did however do a complete wipe and started over. A complete clean install of OS V4.5.0.77. Guess the one good thing that came out of this was an extra 4mb of memory showed up in the free file system. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 07:09 PM
    Amazing....

Now the details come out. You never said anything about being part of a BES setup. That would have been nice to know a few posts up. Your issues could very well be application permissions on VZNav which got pushed down from your BES server. :shakeshead:
    11-10-08 10:42 PM
    Amazing....

Now the details come out. You never said anything about being part of a BES setup. That would have been nice to know a few posts up. Your issues could very well be application permissions on VZNav which got pushed down from your BES server. :shakeshead:
    I am not a part of a BES group. It is my personal phone. I was just saying that I figured that setting was for a BES server. My phone is on the BIS system as it is a personal phone.
    11-11-08 06:19 AM
    No, that setting is not for just BES. Also, I would check permission on the app. When VZNav first came out, certain permission settings on the app had to be set. Some people experienced the same "stuck at splash screen" that you're experiencing. There was also a messed up version floating around initially that was for the 8130 which didn't work on the 8330 or 8830 and caused this type of lockup on the app at the splash screen. I'd just make sure your Browser is set to Blackberry emulation before you try and redownload the app again. If set to anything else, sometimes the scripts they use to detect the correct model of phone you have don't work and it's possible you're picking up some wacky version not made for your phone.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 11-11-08 at 01:03 PM.
    11-11-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD