2 questions...

1. How do i clear the voicemail icon, once i have listened to and deleted my messages? Normally, this goes away automatically but once in a while, it sticks around.

2. One feature i really miss is knowing when the other party has hung up...on other phones you can set a tone to go off once the party on the other end has disconnected...is there a feature on our 8830's to do this?

thanks in advance.
    12-05-07 10:23 PM
    Answer:

1. Yes normally they do go away after you have listened to your voicemail but they do sometimes get stuck. No other way to remove this icon but by pulling out your battery to reboot. I get this all with my BBM, which is really annoying! Same solution.

2. Hmmm, this I do not know. All I know is that once I say "goodbye", I just basically hang up. Unless I hear the person on the other line saying "wait wait wait wait"
    12-05-07 10:32 PM
    1. i figured...grrr, but thanks...

2. i have a habit of waiting for the other person to hang up first (dont ask why), but the problem is i cant look at the screen, cuz by then the screen is dark and i have to push a button to see if they are still connected, which is why it would help if i heard a sound. (world's longest run-on sentence) lol
    12-05-07 10:46 PM
    ok, a day later...no vm's in the mailbox, tried the battery pull...and the lil vm icon is still there...friggin annoying little thing... anyone?
    12-06-07 09:29 AM
    bump...help on #2
    12-06-07 04:32 PM
    I have done everything too to get the v/m icon off. Nothing seems to work. I even called myself and left a message, deleted all my saved messages, and still nothing. It is annoying!
    12-07-07 11:09 PM
    well as for the vm icon..i noticed when another vm is left, and i delete it, it ends up dissapearing...but no way of "clearing the icon" manually...

ANY HELP ON #2 people?
    12-09-07 05:04 PM
    Not sure if this relates, but trying to help, so bear with me.

When i got my pearl and would recieve an email, i would go to my email icon, check the email but the email icon would still be present. Once, fooling around, i went into the messages files (where default all phone icon activities seems to go) and saw all the icons for my "existing" messages that had to be checked in that folder as well.

Could something like that be happening here, where the bb is loggin the vm in two places put you are only accessing one?

Hope that helps
    12-09-07 05:40 PM
    I am having the exact same problem. I am fairly sure if I call my voicemail the icon will reset... but that is a needless $1 (currently abroad) to reset the icon... Grr.
    12-28-07 02:33 AM
    The answer question #2 is...... If the call is still in progress (you haven't pressed end) and the other person hands up the screen will light up and say call disconnected or if it was a signal problem it will say call dropped. I hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 02:43 AM
    Also for the problem that your having with the voice mail icon, its not a bb issue the problem is that you service provider is not sending the message to your bb to reset voicemail count (at least that's what the tech support rep says) I had the same problem with my phone. It has never lasted as long as you said yours has but its still annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 02:47 AM
    ok, mine (the frigging icon has been there for weeks, and now it actually has a 2 by it). And of course, there are no new or saved messages at all. The voicemail is completely empty
    06-06-08 03:56 PM
    I have the same problem, the only way i have found to fix it, is to prevent it.

When you get a voicemail DO NOT open it in your "messages" untill you have called your voicemail. If you open it or delete it in your "messages" the icon gets stuck. You cannot delete the icon from your phone.

You have to delete it from your Voice mail FIRST. Once you delete it from your voicemail it should go away, and you can delete it out of your "messages".

This is a ridiculous issue. One that the programers should fix. I think they should have fixed it before selling the phone, but thats just me.

I am also having other issues with my pearl:
    1) the roller ball gets delayed, and it's just generally slow, (select anything and it takes a good 3 - 5 seconds before it responds) especially when dealing with SMS. I've taken to resetting it every night and only keeping messages in my inbox for a day, doing a memory cleaning (options/security options/memory cleaning) as often as possible, sometimes 3 times a day, and i have deleted any unnecessary applications and languages, i also have an 4gb SD card, which I have my bb save all my photos/ringtone/music to, and i have nothing saved to my phones memory. But even then, i will be done typing a message, finish it, and hit send before half of the words have even apeared on the screen, and trust me, i'm not that fast at texting.
    2) My "L/," button, works....some of the time.
    3) that memory cleaning i was talking about, it will disable itself... randomly.

This is the second BB that I have had (one year warenty, the last one was just as slow, but my "L" key worked.) so, as a brand, mostly i like it, but it has loads of bugs.
    08-19-09 05:44 PM
    normally when you hold down the 1 key the voice mail automatically is dialed. Somehow when my niece was playing with my phone she did something and that no longer works. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can hit the 1 key and it dials into my voice mail?
    12-02-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD