i thought that you could actually download attachments and most importantly, view them as a word document.

my biggest question is that:
    1. can you download word files onto your blackberry as word files, and then send them on via email to other people as word files

i know they have a 3rd party software package "eoffice" and it looks good but it wont mean anything if you cant download the files as .doc files... im obviously not a fan of .txt files... b/c they wont carry the fonts and formatting that a word file can...

so can you download .doc files and save them on the phone or miniSD card, and can you then send those files to people via Email.... and also, where CAN I GET SOME GOOD RINGTONES.... the default ringtones are mostly garbage
    07-12-07 06:38 AM
    Ringtones, right here.

I suggest you get a program like BeamBerry.
    07-12-07 06:57 AM
    Why is it that you can open a word document that is attached to an email but you can not open it from the media card?

Does it have something to do with the blackberry enterprise server?

Thanks
    Bill
    12-08-07 11:05 PM
    So far I haven't been able to open any file that has a .doc filename on my 8830 and I'm receiving e-mails that show an attachment however I do not get option to show attachments. The majority of the attachments are .wmv file extensions. I am waitinmg for Documents to Go program for BB8830 to be released supposedly first quarter 2008 for an add-on program to view and edit MS Office documents. I've been able to view excel and powerpoint attachments but not pdf's nor word doc's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-07 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD