What happened? Last week, all was well, now songs and videos don't play. You can see them via the phone or Desktop Manager, properties show them to be where they are supposed to be on the memory card.

Meanwhile, pictures work fine.

Did I do something?

Mike
    03-16-08 08:05 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    03-16-08 08:12 PM
    Ok, it's official.... 1800 posts with the same thing. I think it's time you made this your signature.
    03-16-08 08:22 PM
    Yeah. Then I did it again after you wrote that, left it out for 10 minutes and put it back in.

... and now it works! I'll be darned. Kind of like disconnecting the battery on ECM controlled cars to erase all error codes.

So, go ahead and change your sig line! ;-)
    03-16-08 08:35 PM
    Then you'll just be seeing post from me saying "read my sig." Glad it worked for you mike. It seemed strange that it worked, but then didn't without anything changing. A battery pull usually clears unexplainable quirks like that.
    03-16-08 08:39 PM
    let me look in to this...
    03-16-08 10:25 PM
    What's there to look into. Using the Media Player takes memory and as long as you're using it it will drop your memory lower and lower (from my experience). If you don't exit the Player it won't release all of that. Could have been an issue with that or simply a stability issue with the BB. Contrary to everyone's beliefs, BB's are not as stable as everyone thinks. If they were, you wouldn't see so many threads with "Did you pull your battery yet?" posts in them. All smartphones have their own stability issues. If the battery pull fixed it and it's the first time it's happened, then it's fine. If it's something that happens repetatively and can be easily duplicated by following a certain pattern of steps or procedures to duplicate the issue, then that's a problem/bug which should be reported to RIM directly. Otherwise, it's just a stability glitch, which just sometimes happens.... no big deal. A Blackberry lockup once every 6 months is not the same as once every 6 hours in terms of troubleshooting goes. And the 6 month one should definatly not be considered "a big issue". It's the problems that fall into small timeframes and reproducible that should be considered issues.
    03-17-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD