I've uptdated my OS on my Sprint 8830 to v 4.5.0.135 and happy with it. I also got a new microsd 16gb card, music transferred from my previous card used with previous OS works fine, so the card is not defective and is compatible with the updated OS.

However, multiple videos (movies/tv shows) that I saved with a sandisk recorder and then converted with an mpeg 4 converter are not working. The error message I get is "Error Playing," and "An error has occurred attempting to play the media."

It's strange because these same videos worked before the OS update when I was using my old card and, in fact, still work on my wife's new Pearl. (BTW, just to check I put the old card with the videos still on it back in my 8830, they don't work now either).

So, I'm thinking the format of the videos is not compatible with the new OS. Does anyone know what video formats are compatible with OS v. 4.5.0.135?
    04-03-09 09:52 AM
    Get vio video converter (free) and use the BB curve settings. They've played perfect for me every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:56 PM
    I had some similar issues with MP4 files. Do you have Desktop Manager version 4.7? This version includes a free Roxio media manager that converted my files to the "correct" MP4 format for my 8830 WE. It is a pain in the ^&*@ but is a proven way to solve this issue. You add them to your "library" and during the copy to device choose "convert the file for optimum playback."
    04-06-09 02:29 PM
    Does the previous SD card give the same error in your 8830 with the new OS?

Just want to make sure that it is not the new SD card causing the problem.
    04-06-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks for the responses, I got it fixed by upping the fps to 30, very strange though that the lower setting on the same media card worked in the Pearl but not the 8830 running a later OS.

On another note in response to DroppedItAgain, every time I try to convert via Desktop Manager 4.7 (I'm running Vista OS), everything just freezes up and nothing gets converted or copied. I have had endless problems running Desktop Manager on my pc with Vista, any help would be appreciated.
    04-07-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD