I'm trying to convert an mpg file to work on my sprint 8830. When I transfer it to my phone and try playing it, it keeps coming up with errors. I already read the lecture and am using the Seabyrd application. I followed everything the right way but it wont work, can someone please help me?
    11-18-07 07:57 PM
    I never got any of the 'freeware' converts for the blackberry to work. Even some of the pay ones didnt work well. What id HIGHLY recommend is AVI to DVD, 3GP/MP4/PSP/iPod Video Converter, DVD Copy, AVI to MPEG! they have a fantastic video converter that will convert whatever/anything to .mp4 which is playable on the blackberry/ipod/PSP . You have to resize the resolution for the 8830 but it frankly works PERFECT. Its pay-ware BUT i think totally worth it. It does the job in half the time as other conventional video converters.. Try it out!
    11-18-07 08:44 PM
    Whilst many free programs disappoint, and WinAvi is a good buy, here is a free program that does work, and is stable and very easy to use.

For my BB8800 I use Any Video Converter (free version) to convert a whole range of video formats, (including .mpg as you asked) It also includes a really easy way to download, convert and size for the screen clips from YouTube in one step. Just cut and paste the URL from YouTube (even several at a time) and Any Video Converter will go through the URL's until complete. It work really well. I can now record video using my digital camera and save/play it on my Blackberry too, (with sound)

You can download from here Any Video Converter is a professional video converter which can convert any format video files and YouTube clips with fast speed and excellent video quality.

Scroll down for the free version.

"Any Video Converter is a professional video converter which can convert video files from various formats with fast converting speed and excellent video quality . It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to MPEG-4 movie format for iPod/PSP or other portable video device, MP4 player or smart phone. It also supports any user defined video file formats as the output. It has an unmatchable speed and high quality. Any Video Converter makes it easy for anyone to enjoy the any format video with your iPod, PSP, mobile phone or MP4 player.

Any Video Converter makes batch file conversion simple. Create a batch list of any different formats and convert them all to a single selected format. The converted files will be saved to a pre-selected directory folder and the original files will remain untouched"
    Last edited by Berryman; 11-19-07 at 03:30 AM.
    11-19-07 03:27 AM
    Thanks for the info, I was having problems loading a demo video to my 8830 for viewing during demonstrations in front of customers. I tried several programs such as Roxio with negative results. Now I am running the video.
    12-03-07 11:24 AM
    For my 8830, this was the magic bullet. The "Any Video Converter Free version". Berryman Great advice! Once setup, I used downloaded videos and converted them to the MPEG4 format then loaded them into my SDcard (2g) using the Roxie. The output settings are easy to find on the right of the Converter. I used settings Video Codex mpeg4, Video Size 320x240, 128 Bitrate, 15 framerate, and the audio defalt. Warning Keep track of where all these files are. Downloaded - Converted - so you can find them for Roxie. I used the Desktop manager - Media Manager - Roxie and let Roxie do the "Convert for Optimal Playback". Hope this smooths out for newbies like me. Berryman Thanks again, Smushe
    01-01-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD