Are there any sites that post customer service reports on the various carriers? I'd like to rip VZ a few new orifices? I've had to educate the in-store sales staff on the capabilities of the BB 8830 multiple times. Maybe it is because I'm in a region of the country were there is not a lot of demand for international phones. I'm surprise the BB/RIM put up with VZ. They seem very incapable.
    12-19-08 12:11 PM
    First of all let's be nice about it. There is a right and a wrong way of helping people understand what they have or are doing wrong. If someone came to your job and ripped you a new orifice you wouldn't like it to much. But if someone came to your job and was polite about it I believe you would listen to them more.

My feeling is that not everyone can know everything. When I got my BB Curve the sales rep was having trouble setting up my corp email. I didnt' get mad or yell at them. I came to CB and got help. Hope you choose to do it the right way of letting someone know about there mistakes.
    Last edited by eripmu; 12-19-08 at 12:23 PM.
    12-19-08 12:17 PM
    I had trouble with my local VZW store but the phone and help desk folks more than made up for it. I know it is frustrating and good to vent before one blows an internal gasket but I suggest you contact the support group to solve any problems. You will be happier in the end.
    12-19-08 12:22 PM
    Unless something changed drastically, the VZW stores here in the Northeast (US) have always referred any help or support of any kind to their 800 number and the 'advanced' mobile group. They literally are not permitted to help you with anything data or PDA related.
    12-21-08 06:30 PM
    I don't have the people at VZW stores set my stuff up, I learn how to do it from all the great people of Crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 06:41 PM
    I've had to educate the in-store sales staff on the capabilities of the BB 8830 multiple times.
    and you feel a need to "educate" Verizon's reps why??? Do you also hang out at Best Buy or Circuit City and educate their sales staff too? Glad you have so much free time, how 'bout working on something noble like world peace or something...
    12-22-08 03:34 PM
    DgBurns might be onto something here... maybe I will .. laughing..
    12-22-08 05:29 PM
    My local VZ rep is so helpful in other ways that I look over the lack of knowledge the store personnel have on ANY smartphone. I have been a crackberry user for past 6 months and it truly is the best way to learn about your phone.
    12-22-08 07:19 PM
    I overheard one of the salespeople in our local Verizon store in Central NJ, telling a customer to go to Crackberry.com for extra help in learning to use the new BB that the customer was buying (Go Crackberry)! Perhaps the salesperson was actually admitting that you guys here know more than Verizon's own people?!
    12-22-08 09:13 PM
    I agree. I believe most employees working at the VZ stores have been trained to fluently speak from said orifices. I'm really getting fed up with having to educate verizon employees about their own products.
    12-23-08 04:00 PM
    Not to sound like I'm defending them, but they're really there just to get people set up with Verizon, unfortuantely that often means they only need to know basic specs of a phone so if somebody says 'I want this' they can point to a phone. And I seriously doubt man� ppl make a career as a sales rep, most probably stay there less than 2 years, which isn't long enough to be phone fluent in all devices. I've had my berry about a year and a half and I just now feel like I know all there is to know about the basics and most advanced stuff, they have like 50 phones at least to keep up with... Just somethin to keep in mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 04:18 PM
    come to my store and try to educate me.

there are many reps that dont feel it is needed to know a ton about some of the devices, but then there are others, (like myself) who actually care about knowing as much as they can about the products and services being sold.

I don't BS my customers, if i dont know something, i say i dont know. I will find the answer, and then provide them with said answer one way or another.

People with product knowledge like myself and a few other people i know within the company are a rare breed.

On the flipside of that coin, it pisses me off when i get someone that comes in and decides that they know more than me about something that I sell, and i totally want to shut down. I wont say a word. I will let someone else deal with someone that wants to get into a pissing match. I wont do it. I help the people that want to be helped. Not the ones looking to make me look stupid. They are the ones that look stupid in the end.

*whew* sorry if i went off on a tangent or offended anyone.
    12-23-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD