So on my old phone (nothing fancy basic camera phone) when my wife would send me a photo it would come up as a message and when i opened it I could see the photo. Now with my 8830 I get a text message saying I got a pic, and to go to the web site and login to view it.

Is there any way to change something on verizon, or on the 8830 to get it to open the photo when i open the message without having to go to verizon's website?
    05-16-08 07:38 PM
    Unfortunately no, The 8830 doesn't have MMS here at Verizon.
    05-16-08 07:44 PM
    The 8830 is capable of recieving pictures in emails and BBM's as attachments and open them without going to the website.

You can open pictures sent as SMS text messages by someone to you if they send them to your 8830's email address(xxx xxx xxxx@vtext), as you will recieve them as an email.

If you are unable to open pics in emails, go to options > advanced options > applications and see if blackberry attachment services is in there. if not, run the DM and check the blackberry attachment services box.

As far as directly sent photos from another phone, CrackBlack is on the mark.
    Last edited by tyroni; 05-16-08 at 09:17 PM. Reason: add comment
    05-16-08 09:13 PM
    I really wish Verizon would fix receiving mms.
    Most people will MMS a message to you because it is easier.
    My biggest complaint: when I receive a MMS – I do not know who it is from. The message: you got a PIX/FLIX with a return address/sender of my own phone number.
    05-17-08 12:57 AM
    You can open pictures sent as SMS text messages by someone to you if they send them to your 8830's email address(xxx xxx xxxx@vtext), as you will recieve them as an email.
    If you get an email sent to your @vtext address, the phone will receive it as an SMS. It won't come in as an email if sent to that domain.
    05-17-08 11:07 AM
    I really wish Verizon would fix receiving mms.
    Most people will MMS a message to you because it is easier.
    My biggest complaint: when I receive a MMS � I do not know who it is from. The message: you got a PIX/FLIX with a return address/sender of my own phone number.
    Ya i hate that also. My wife will send me a photo of our baby. That I want to open and look at. The NWS photos my friends send me are funny, but not good to open in mixed company.
    05-17-08 02:26 PM
    My appologies for posting inaccurate information. Me bad.

Strike two!
    05-17-08 02:32 PM
    MMS is annoying on Verizon arg
    05-17-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD